Sweet potatoes are a delicious, healthy, and versatile veggie that can easily be enjoyed sweet or savory. And these sweet potato recipes are going to help you enjoy this nutritious root vegetable in so many different ways.
Do you have a bag of beautiful sweet potato in your fridge or pantry, but you are feeling a bit lost on how to put them to use? I hear ya! I love sweet potatoes, but I need to shake it up a bit in how I eat them so that I don’t get sweet potato burnout (its a thing, TNNers).
Health benefits of sweet potatoes
Sweet potatoes are a starchy root vegetable that is available in many places year round! Known for their dazzling orange color, these root tubers serves up some serious vitamins and minerals. Such as…
- fiber. They have oodles of it. Especially when you eat the skin. 1 medium sweet potato has 6 grams of dietary fiber. (source)
- potassium. A good alternative for those of you who can’t eat or don’t like bananas.
- copper. This is an essential metal for making red blood cells and keeping your heart healthy.
- vitamin C. One cup of baked sweet potato 52% of your daily requirements. Move over oranges! (source)
- beta-carotene. Like carrots, sweet potatoes can be great for eye health.
- Manganese. 43% of your daily value of manganese can be found in one cup of baked sweet potato. Manganese is important for brain health.
Okay. I’m convinced. Let’s sweet potato-load all the foods!
Awesome! I’m glad we are on the same page!
Here is a collection of some of my favorite recipes using the amazing and beautiful sweet potato! A little something for everyone and all the meals….including dessert!
Go on! And veggie-load you life!
Breakfast healthy sweet potato recipes
Sweet Potato Chocolate Peanut Butter Overnight Oats
Crustless Spinach Sweet Potato Quiche
Sweet Potato Peanut Butter Muffins
Mini Sweet Potato Pancakes
Black Bean Sweet Potato Quesadilla
Sweet Potato Peanut Butter Muffins
One-Skillet Sweet Potato & Kale with Eggs
Baked Apple Sweet Potato Oatmeal
Healthy sweet potato side dishes
Sweet Potato Tots
Warm Kale Salad with Pomegranate, Garlic Roasted Brussels Sprouts and Sweet Potatoes
Main dish healthy sweet potato recipes
Sweet Potato Salmon Poppers
Instant Pot Black Bean and Sweet Potato Chili
Sweet Potato Apple Sausage Skillet
20-Minute Sheet Pan Sausage and Veggies
Sweet potato dessert recipes
Sweet Potato Chickpea Blondies
Sweet Potato Peanut Butter Balls
Sweet Potato Banana Bread
Chocolate Sweet Potato Cookies
One-Bowl Sweet Potato Brownies
Blueberry Sweet Potato Bread
Easy Sweet Potato Cookies
Sweet Potato Recipes: Sweet Potato Peanut Butter Muffins
- 1 cup smooth natural peanut butter
- 1/2 cup cooked and mashed sweet potato
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup maple syrup or honey
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp sea salt omit if using salted peanut butter
- Preheat your oven to 350F and line a muffin tin.
- Combine all ingredients in a blender or food processor and run until smooth. You may need to scrape down the sides a few time to insure that all ingredients gets blended in.
- Using a 1/4 cup measuring cup, portion batter out between lined muffin tin holes.
- Bake for 16-18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean.
- Let cool for 15-20 minutes and then enjoy! Store leftovers in fridge for up to a week or in freezer!
- To make these peanut butter muffins Paleo just sub the peanut butter with almond butter.
- You can also sub the sweet potato with pumpkin or butternut squash! Still veggie-loaded. Still delicious!
The nutritional information is provided as an estimate only and may vary based on the product type, servings and other factors. If you are following a diet, please consult with a professional nutritionist or your doctor. Stay healthy!
These are so good! The muffins for sure but I’ve tried pretty much all these recipes