20-Minute Sheet Pan Sausage and Veggies
This Sheet Pan Sausage and Veggies recipe is going to be your new favorite easy dinner! Sweet potato, broccoli, cauliflower, green beans, and your favorite sausage all seasoned to perfection and roasted up in just 20 minutes on one pan.
My life is crazy busy, TNNers. You too? I knew we understood one another.
So, since we are on the same page, let us talk about dinner. I feel pretty passionate about getting good stuff on the the table for dinner, but I have zero interest (most days) in reinventing the wheel.
Most days, I want simple, filling, and healthy. And I definitely want less dishes!
Sheet pan meals are my dinnertime superhero for that exact reason. Everything goes onto one pan, finishes cooking at the same time, and gets thrown onto a plate. The prep is minimal and the clean up is just as easy-breezy.
Yep, one-sheet meals are my jam and this Sheet Pan Sausage and Veggies recipe has been a family favorite for years.
Why this recipe is so good
- A complete meal all baked on one sheet. You don’t have to watch the time for 3 different things or wonder when to start another part of dinner. The veggies, the starchy sweet potato and the sausage are all cooked together, making dinner that much easier.
- Less dishes. Just mix everything in one bowl to make sure it is evenly coated in seasoning and oil, throw it onto one pan and that is basically it for dinner dishes!
- Quick to prep. Chop the veggies. Slice the sausage. Toss in seasoning and oil. Into the oven and your work is basically done.
- Veggie-loaded! Green beans, broccoli, cauliflower AND sweet potatoes!
- Flavorful. The method and seasoning is simple, but it brings the flavor of this Sheet Pan Sausage and Veggies next level!
- Family-friendly. Roasting takes the bitterness out of veggies and enhances their natural sweetness. So your family will love how this sheet pan dinner tastes as much as you like how easy it is to make.
- Great as part of meal prep. Make it ahead and reheat as needed! Perfect for those extra crazy weeks!
I love to make recipes that you can add your own flair to or can easily adjust to what you have on hand. And this Sheet Pan Sausage and Veggies recipe is exactly that! Here are some swaps and adaptations you could make…
- Replace the sweet potato with Russet or red potato. In fact, pretty much any potato will work well in this sheet pan recipe. Just be sure to cut them into 1/2 inch pieces so that they cook at the same rate as the other veggies.
- Add some spice! When mixing the oil or seasoning, kick up the heat by adding some red pepper flakes or chili powder.
- Use frozen veggies. They won’t roast up exactly the same as fresh, might need a little extra time in the oven and/or will release a little extra water while cooking, but you can totally use frozen veggies in this sausage sheet pan dinner recipe if needed.
- Swap out the veggies or add more. Some other veggies that would be great in this sheet pan dinner recipe are chopped bell peppers or chopped onion!
More sheet pan dinner ideas
- One-Sheet Roasted Garlic Salmon & Broccoli
- Sheet Pan Greek Chicken & Veggies
- One-Sheet Pan Pesto Chicken & Summer Veggies
- Sheet Pan Balsamic Chicken & Brussel Sprouts
Loving this Sheet Pan Sausage and Veggie dinner recipe and hungry for more?
20-Minute Sheet Pan Sausage and Veggies
- 4 pre-cooked sausage links, sliced into coins, I used chicken
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 cups diced sweet potato, about 1/2 inch pieces
- 2 cups cauliflower florets
- 2 cups trimmed and halved green beans
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1.5 tablespoons Italian seasoning
- 2.5 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- Preheat your oven to 400℉ and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- In a large bowl, combine oil, salt, minced garlic, and Italian seasoning. Whisk to combine.
- Add the veggies to the bowl and toss several times or until all veggies are evenly coated.
- Add the sausages to the bowl and toss a few for more times to combine.
- Spread in a single later on the prepared baking sheet. Cook for 10 minutes.
- Take baking sheet out and use a spatula to flip the veggies and sausage. Return to the oven and cook for 10-15 more minutes or until veggies are tender.
- Remove from oven and enjoy warm.