Made from whole grains and naturally sweetened, this Healthy Blueberry Sweet Potato Bread is a delicious breakfast, snack or treat. Mixed together in one bowl and into the oven it goes, this recipe will be a new family favorite!
This recipe is sponsored by California Giant Berry Farms, but all thoughts and opinions are my own.Jump to Recipe
Healthy Blueberry Sweet Potato Bread
Blueberries are a house staple. A total must-have, hands down. Permanently on our grocery list each week (I am not kidding), blueberries have pretty much always been one of our family’s favorite fruits to keep on hand at all times.
My daughter loves to pop them for quick snacks. My husband tosses a handful in a bowl of yogurt to jazz it up and I basically add them to all the veggie-loaded recipes I can. Blueberries are like Nature’s perfectly packaged, little sweet treat and there is always a package of them in our fridge.
Even though it is fall and the world is being taken over by pumpkin spiced lattes and apple pies, the blueberries are still in my fridge…and making fall baked goods go from good to downright amazing!
Like this Blueberry Sweet Potato Bread. It has been baked so many times in recent weeks that you would think my family would be sick of it. Nope! They are snagging bites before its even remotely cool and enjoying it at all times of the day. Full of warm fall flavors and the taste of sweet potato, it is made next-level delicious with the tangy pop of blueberries in every bite.
And I love that I was able to easily make this bread and can keep my blueberry lovin’ family stocked thanks to California Giant Berry Farms. They are easy to find at many large stores across the country and accessibility to fresh foods is something near and dear to my heart. They have both organic and conventional products available and I have always been so pleased with their quality.
I also love that California Giant Berry Farms wants to help support their customers during this unique back-to-school season! Currently, they are running a wonderful Fuel For School campaign where they are sharing tips and tricks for helping with distance learning, healthy lunch ideas and even fun ways to get movement in! They are also offering people the opportunity to win some pretty snazzy prizes with Fuel For School as well! You can sign up here and have their Fuel For School ideas sent directly to your inbox and enter for a chance to win some fun goodies!
What makes this bread so good….
- Blueberries. They are loaded with vitamin K, vitamin C and manganese. Not to mention, oodles of natural sweetness.
- Sweet Potato. One of my favorite fall veggies! Naturally sweet and also rocking some serious goodness (fiber, potassium, copper, vitamin, and beta-carotene to name a few)
- Naturally sweetened with a banana and a little maple syrup or honey.
- Whole wheat flour. Hearty and full of simple goodness.
- Mixed in one bowl! Because no one needs more dishes.
- Easy to whip up. This batch was mixed and in the oven in under 10 minutes!
- Great for breakfast, a snack or as a healthier dessert!
- Replace the mashed sweet potato with pumpkin or butternut squash puree. I find that these three orange veggies can be swapped out for one another easily in most recipes, including this one! So, feel free to use what you have on hand or what you prefer.
- Bake it as muffins. Line a 12-hole muffin tin with cupcake liners, portion out the batter between the compartments and bake at 350℉ for 20 minutes.
- Freeze it. Either as a whole loaf or slice and freeze individually to enjoy easily in the future!
- Replace mashed banana with unsweetened applesauce.
- Replace whole wheat flour with oat flour. This is a great option if you need gluten free if you use certified gluten free flour. FYI, the loaf will be a much denser consistency but still have the same amazing flavor.
Other blueberry-loaded recipes that you will love
- Zucchini Blueberry Baked Oatmeal
- Blueberry Chia Jam
- Blueberry Spinach Smoothie
- Paleo Almond Butter Blueberry Zucchini Muffins
- Blueberry Zucchini Waffles
Blueberry Sweet Potato Bread
- 3/4 cup cooked and mashed sweet potato can sub with canned sweet potato puree
- 1/2 cup mashed ripe banana
- 1/3 cup maple syrup or honey
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil or avocado oil
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar can sub lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup California Giant Berry Farms blueberries plus a few extra for topping if desired.
- Preheat an oven to 350 ℉ and line a loaf pan with parchment paper or grease it with extra oil to prevent sticking.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine mashed sweet potato, mashed banana, maple syrup/honey, eggs, vanilla, oil, and vinegar in a medium bowl and whisk until smooth. Add the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Stir together Mix until well combined and batter has a smooth consistency.
- Fold in blueberries.
- Pour batter into the prepared loaf pan, using a spatula to spread the batter evenly throughout the pan. Top with a few extra blueberries, if desired.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 35-40 minutes.
- Let loaf cool in pan for 15 minutes before transferring it to a wire cooling rack. Slice into 8 pieces and enjoy!
- Let cool completely and store in an air-tight container in fridge for up to 4 days or in the freezer for a month.