These Sweet Potato Peanut Butter Muffins are easy peasy to whip up and a delicious way to get vitamin-rich sweet potato into your family’s bellies. Paired with delicious peanut butter and made with just 8 real food ingredients, these muffins make the perfect addition to any breakfast or as a healthy snack.Jump to Recipe
Muffins are kind of my love language and totally a breakfast staple in the TNN house. I’m not totally sure when I feel head-over-heels for all things baked in a muffin tin, but I DO know that I love that muffins are quick to bake, perfectly portioned out and can be amazing vessels for all kinds of healthy goodness….especially veggies.
If you are new around these parts, I am kind of obsessed with veggie-loading things….especially muffins! They are a great way to get veggies in at breakfast and kids (and adults) usually are pretty jazzed to see them served up in morning! Plus, they are portable! And delicious and veggie-loaded on the go? Yes please!
Some of my other infamous veggie-loaded muffin recipes that people go gaga for are….
Why I think you should put sweet potatoes in your muffins…
Someone once asked me why I like to veggie-loaded recipes and the food my family eats. To that I say….”Why wouldn’t I?” I mean, if I am going to eat something, I want it to serve my body as much as possible. Food is our fuel, after all! And veggies are an amazing way to load you body up with vitamins, minerals and nutrients in the most natural vessel there is!
Take sweet potatoes for example. They not only help to naturally sweeten these muffins up, but they contain a good amount of fiber along with a healthy dose of iron, calcium, and selenium. Sweet potatoes are also a good source of most of our B vitamins and vitamin C. And let us not forget that lovely antioxidant known as beta-carotene!
You know what I like to keep on hand to make veggie-loading food extra easy? No matter how tired, unprepared or low on produce I might be? Canned pureed veggies! You can find pureed pumpkin, sweet potatoes and/or butternut squash in most grocery stores (here in the US, at least) where they keep canned veggies or beans! Look for purees that are JUST the veggies without any added sweetener or spice. And I always suggest buying organic if possible in a can that is BPA-free.
- Make them Paleo! Sub the peanut butter with almond butter and a delicious and easy Paleo muffin is your’s!
- Sub the sweet potato with pumpkin or butternut squash! Still veggie-loaded. Still delicious!
Loving the veggie-loaded goodness and hungry for more?Sign up so that my newsletter is delivered straight to your inbox. And be sure to follow me on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram for all kinds of veggie-loaded living ideas!
One-Bowl Sweet Potato Peanut Butter Muffins
- 1 cup smooth natural peanut butter
- 1/2 cup cooked and mashed sweet potato
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup maple syrup or honey
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp sea salt omit if using salted peanut butter
- Preheat your oven to 350F and line a muffin tin.
- Combine all ingredients in a blender or food processor and run until smooth. You may need to scrape down the sides a few time to insure that all ingredients gets blended in.
- Using a 1/4 cup measuring cup, portion batter out between lined muffin tin holes.
- Bake for 16-18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean.
- Let cool for 15-20 minutes and then enjoy! Store leftovers in fridge for up to a week or in freezer!