Wake up and start the day with one of these healthy morning smoothie recipes! All of them are refreshing, simple to make, full of fruits and veggies, and the perfect foot to start any day out on.
Whether you are a veggie-loading pro or just dipping your toe into the veggie-filled water, healthy smoothie recipes are the easiest (and, some may argue, the tastiest!) way to pack a huge fruit and veggie punch!
While I looooove finding creative ways to add vegetables into everyday meals, sometimes we all just want something simple and quick that is sure to be a hit. The solution? Easy breakfast smoothies! With almost no prep time needed, yet full of good-for-you ingredients, the healthy smoothie recipes in the list below AND in my Fruit & Veggie Smoothie Roundup are sure to please your palate while pumping your morning meal with nutrients.
Do you want to have a simple, go-to for those bleary-eyed mornings? Maybe you’re looking for a way to add more fruit and veggies to your day that you know is a winner for everyone in your family (with minimal effort!) Healthy smoothie recipes are the easiest and most fun way to get the job done.
The easy breakfast smoothies below highlight a refreshing mix of flavors and ingredients—including pineapple, cucumber, citrus, mango, and more! With a ton of variety, these refreshing, healthy smoothie recipes allow you to start your day with oodles of fruits and veggies every season of the year.
Tips for making the perfect morning smoothie
- Add the liquid to the blender first. Then add your fruits, veggies, and other ingredients on top. This will help your blender blades move easier instead of getting stuck on solids.
- Blend veggies with liquids first. This helps ensure that the veggie easily gets pureed and is nice and smooth. Then add the fruit and other ingredients to the smoothie and blend again! This will help you to not end up with an unexpected chunk of veggie in a sip of smoothie. This is especially helpful if you don’t have a high-speed blender!
- Add water and/or ice to achieve desired consistency. Some people like their smoothies thicker. Others like they straw-friendly. Add water and ice and reblend your morning smoothie to tick whatever boxes you look for in smoothie consistency!
Loving these refreshing smoothie recipes and are hungry for more?
Refreshing Morning Smoothies: Mango Pineapple Cucumber Smoothie
- 1 cup chopped English cucumber or Persian cucumber or peeled and chopped standard
- 1 handful baby spinach
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk or coconut milk
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 cup pineapple chunks fresh or frozen
- 1 cup frozen mango chunks or 1 ripe frozen banana
- ice omit if using frozen fruit
- Add cucumber, spinach, almond milk, and yogurt to blender. Run until completely smooth and all the veggies are pureed.
- Add mango and pineapple to the blender and run again until smooth and creamy.
- Check for desired consistency. Add ice or water to the blender and run again until you have your desired thickness.
- Pour into two glasses and enjoy immediately.
The nutritional information is provided as an estimate only and may vary based on the product type, servings and other factors. If you are following a diet, please consult with a professional nutritionist or your doctor. Stay healthy!