This spinach pineapple smoothie is not only creamy and perfectly sweet, but is packed with vitamin C, protein, and good-for-you greens. This healthy smoothie is great for a quick breakfast or filling snack on the go!
Easy veggie-loaded breakfasts and snacks that require NO COOKING during the hot hot hot days of summer are my jam! We are into August and not only are we battling the morning heat, but our little fam is back to being busy with work + camp schedules keeping us on our toes.
To make sure my crew fuels up on all the goodness of plants before they head out into the world, I am turning to an old breakfast favorite: Smoothies! And this Pineapple Spinach Smoothie is sure to be a winner in your house!
This Pineapple Spinach Smoothie is a chill, low effort, good-for-you breakfast that is delicious, and easy. Plus, it gets veggies in (and oodles of vitamin C rich fruits) right off the bat!
It is the perfect balance of flavors with tangy pineapple, creamy protein-rich Greek yogurt, sweet mangos, omega-3 rich chia seeds, and a handful of spinach to help you get those greens into your belly. It makes for the perfect grab-and-go breakfast or snack during these busy + toasty summer months!
Want to make sure you always have spinach on hand for this pineapple smoothie? Check out my tips & tricks for keeping spinach fresh all week!
Tips for making this spinach smoothie perfect
- Blend it in stages. I know it is tempting to just chuck everything into the blender and hit the on button, but blending it in stages can help you achieve a perfectly smooth smoothie. Especially if you don’t have a high-speed blender. Blending the spinach, orange, yogurt and milk first will puree the spinach and make sure you don’t have any leafy bits in your smoothie.
- Make it vegan and/or Paleo by making it dairy-free (see below for suggestions on how).
- Adjust the sweetness to fit your personal preference. If you like your smoothies sweeter, add extra mango to the blend. If you like them less sweet, reduce to 1/2 a banana or skip it all together in this spinach pineapple smoothie.
- Add more or less spinach depending on your taste preference. If you are new to green smoothies, feel free to reduce the spinach. If you love to get allllllll those greens in, add more than the two cups this pineapple smoothie calls for.
Did you make this smoothie and now you have leftover spinach? Check out How to Store Spinach (and keep it fresh all week long).
Suggested adaptations for making this veggie-loaded smoothie.
- Make it dairy-free by replacing the Greek yogurt with your favorite coconut yogurt and using your favorite plant milk.
- Skip the chia seeds if they are not your jam or use ground flax or hemp hearts instead.
- Replace the mango with a ripe banana.
- Replace the orange with a little orange or lime juice. The citrus really brings something special to the smoothie, so while I don’t suggest skipping it…you can play with it.
- Add a scoop of natural almond butter or peanut butter.
- Ad extra fruit. Blueberries or strawberries would also be delightful in this spinach pineapple smoothie.
- Freeze leftovers as popsicles for a healthy dessert.
More veggie-loaded smoothie recipes to start your day off with…
- Easy Green Smoothie for kids
- Vitamin C Smoothie
- Chocolate Banana Smoothie (with veggies)
- Sunrise Butternut Squash Smoothie
- Blueberry Spinach Smoothie
- Creamy Cauliflower & Blueberry Smoothie
- Healthy Peanut Butter Chocolate Smoothie (with greens!)
Did you try this veggie-loaded smoothie recipe and now you’re hungry for more?
Sign up so that my newsletter is delivered straight to your inbox. And be sure to follow me on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram for all kinds of veggie-loaded living ideas!
Spinach Pineapple Smoothie
- 3/4 cup plain yogurt
- 2 cups milk of choice or water
- 1 medium orange peeled
- 2 cups baby spinach or 3/4 cup frozen spinach
- 2 cups pineapple chunks fresh or frozen
- 1 cup mango, chopped fresh or frozen
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds optional
- ice, if needed if using frozen fruits and veggies, you can likely omit
- Place yogurt, milk or water, peeled orange and spinach in your blender. Blend on high speed until orange and spinach are completely pureed.
- Add remaining ingredients to the blender and blend again until mixture is smooth.
- Add more milk/water or ice and re-blend to reach desired consistency.
- Enjoy immediately or store in fridge for up to 4 hours. If saving for later, be aware that smoothie will naturally separate in the fridge. Be sure to stir it before enjoying.
The nutritional information is provided as an estimate only and may vary based on the product type, servings and other factors. If you are following a diet, please consult with a professional nutritionist or your doctor. Stay healthy!
So delicious!!! Love the citrus element! Perfect refreshing smoothie for a day that is to be 100 degrees!! Love it! My 2 year old sucked it right down! Two thumbs up 🙂
Citrus really does something special in a smoothie! So glad it was a hit!