This Mango Kale Smoothie is the ultimate healthy breakfast. Made with just 4 ingredients, this green smoothie recipe is easy, delicious, and the perfect way to start your day.
Smoothies are awesome for getting veggies in!
True story: adding smoothies to our family’s morning routine is how I got started with veggie-loading.
They are easy to make, fast, often require no cooking or meal prep, and can be loaded up with so many amazing nutritious ingredients. Sending my family into their day with a belly full of green smoothie was my way of making sure they had a ton of plants in their bodies, regardless of what the day held….but it also helped us to start seeing how amazing we felt with more veggies in our diets AND how tasty vegetables could be.
This Kale Mango Smoothie is easy, delicious and made with only 4 simple ingredients. It is the perfect smoothie to add to your breakfast since it is packed with so many good-for-you plants, is adaptable, made in 5 minutes, and is perfect for just about every eating style since it is vegan, gluten free, and Paleo friendly!
Tips for making smoothies with kale
Blend the kale and milk first so that the kale is totally pureed and you are not left with chunks of kale in your smoothie. This is especially helpful if you don’t have a high-speed blender like a Vitamix.
Be sure to remove ribs from kale before adding to the blender. The ribs, the hard stem in the middle of a leaf of kale, are fibrous and don’t break down well in a smoothie.
Blend kale smoothies on the highest speed your blender has so that it is smooth and creamy.
- Replace the mango with frozen banana. Or add the banana in addition to the mango for extra added sweetness.
- Sub the kale with spinach.
- Use 1/2 cup orange juice instead of an orange.
- Add a tablespoon of chia seeds, ground flax, or shelled hemp seeds for a boost of protein and healthy fats.
- Add a scoop of peanut butter or almond butter to the blender. The flavor it adds is lovely as well as adding a dose of healthy fat.
- Protein powder is a great addition to this smoothie to help the kale mango smoothie stay with you longer.
Tip: if you don’t have a high-speed blender, blend the milk and kale first so that the greens get completely pureed. Then add remaining ingredients and blend again for a prefect green smoothie!
More easy, veggie-loaded smoothie recipes
- Blueberry Spinach Smoothie
- Quick Sweet Potato Smoothie
- Apple Carrot Smoothie
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Smoothie (with greens!)
- Chocolate Banana Smoothie (with veggies)
- Sunrise Butternut Squash Smoothie
- Creamy Blueberry Cauliflower Smoothie
Loving this kale smoothie and now you are hungry for more?
Kale Mango Smoothie
- 1 cup packed kale fresh or frozen, stems removed
- 2 cups frozen mango chunks
- 1 medium orange peeled
- 1 cup almond milk* or coconut milk
- Combine all ingredients in a high-speed blender. Blend until smooth.If you don't have a high speed blender, blend kale and milk first until kale is pureed. Then add remaining ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Enjoy immediately.
The nutritional information is provided as an estimate only and may vary based on the product type, servings and other factors. If you are following a diet, please consult with a professional nutritionist or your doctor. Stay healthy!