Creamy Cauliflower Banana Peach Smoothie
This Cauliflower Banana Peach Smoothie is truly the perfect way to start your day. Naturally sweetened with bananas and peaches, the added frozen cauliflower makes this smoothie delightfully creamy! However, the cauliflower totally disappears into the blend! Packed with protein from Greek yogurt, this is truly the perfect breakfast smoothie to keep you going all morning long.
There is no doubt in my mind, fruit and veggie smoothies are the perfect fast breakfast!
I’ve been leaning on veggie-loaded breakfast smoothies for years to help make busy mornings more streamline and less stressful. Making them part of our morning means I can still send my family into their day with a belly full of plant goodness. I have discovered so many delicious fruit & veggie smoothie combos over the years of being a diehard smoothie maker, but this Cauliflower Banana Peach Smoothie has currently stolen my heart.
Cauliflower is an unexpected addition to a smoothie, I admit. However, when developing my Cauliflower Blueberry Smoothie recipe, I discovered how delightfully creamy frozen cauliflower can make a smoothie and how it basically disappears into the the natural sweetness of the fruit. Since then, I always keep a bag of frozen cauliflower rice in my freezer for quickly veggie-loading smoothies.
So, prepare to fall in love! Because this Cauliflower Banana Peach Smoothie tastes like sunshine. Drawing natural sweetness from ripe peaches and banana, it is filling while also being so refreshing! Veggie-loaded with cauliflower so that you start your day with all kinds of feel-good foods in your belly, I’ve upped the protein with the addition of Greek yogurt so that this smoothie truly carries you on until lunch. Made in minutes, it is the perfect way to veggie-load, regardless of how much of a kitchen newbie you are! Enjoy an extra large smoothie all to yourself or split the smoothie between two glasses and share with someone you love. This smoothie is naturally vegetarian and gluten free, but can be made vegan and dairy-free when you use your favorite plant based yogurt.
Do I need to cook the cauliflower before adding it to the smoothie?
Some people who find that cauliflower is rough on their digestive system might find that steaming the cauliflower before freezing makes it a little easier for them to enjoy.
If cauliflower doesn’t bother you, just toss it in as is from the freezer. Frozen veggies are blanched before freezing, so they have been naturally softened up a bit already.
Can I use a different veggie other than cauliflower in this peach smoothie?
If you really can’t get down with cauliflower in a smoothie, go head and add a handful a spinach instead.
You may also need to add some ice to help make your smoothie nice and chill if you omit the frozen cauliflower rice.
Can you taste the cauliflower?
Nope! It totally disappears into the flavors of the peaches and banana in this smoothie. Its the perfect smoothie for people who don’t want a green smoothie! Or for people who want to get more veggie variety, but are working to like cauliflower.
Does the cauliflower have to be frozen?
Yes! You need to use frozen cauliflower because it helps make this smoothie nice and creamy. Also, enjoying the cauliflower frozen reduces the intensity of its flavor.
Tips and tricks
- Blend the cauliflower with milk and yogurt first. This way the cauliflower gets completely pureed and you don’t find a chunk in your smoothie.
- Don’t add maple syrup or honey until the end! Ripe peaches and bananas are so sweet on their own. However, if you are using pre-frozen peaches or banana, their level of sweetness can vary. Blend up this smoothie and taste it before adding any sweetener. That way you can let the natural sweetness of the fruit shine through as much as possible.
- Add water or ice to get desired consistency. If you are using all frozen fruit and veggies, you might find you need an extra splash of water to get this smoothie moving. Or if you are using fresh fruit only, you might need some extra ice to help this smoothie be extra creamy and smoothie-like!
- Add some extra goodness! Amp up the nutrients in this smoothie by tossing in a tablespoon of chia seeds/flax meal and/or hemp hearts!
- Make it as sweet (or as mild) as you like. We all have different palates and some of us like things sweeter than others. The bananas and peaches are the source of sweetness in this smoothie, but feel free to add a little maple syrup or honey if you feel it needs it.
- Add some peanut butter or almond butter. For a boost of healthy fat!
- Toss in some extra veggies. Like spinach!
- Add some extra protein. And up the yogurt to 1 full cup.
- Add more (or less) liquid to achieve desired constancy. Depending on how thick you like your smoothies, you might find you need to add 1/2 cup or so of water to this blend. Or, if you find your smoothie is too thin for your liking, toss in a few ice cubes to help thicken it up.
- Freeze as popsicles. I love to do this with leftover smoothie and it makes for a super fun healthy dessert on a hot day.
Other veggie-loaded smoothie recipes
- Simple Spinach Mango Smoothie
- Blueberry Spinach Smoothie
- Creamy Blueberry Cauliflower Smoothie
- Vitamin C Immune Boosting Smoothie
- Apple Carrot Smoothie
- Healthy Peanut Butter Chocolate Smoothie (with greens!)
Loving this veggie-loaded Cauliflower Banana Peach Smoothie recipe and are hungry for more?
Creamy Cauliflower Banana Peach Smoothie
- ½ cup frozen riced cauliflower, or 1 cup frozen cauliflower florets
- ½ cup Greek yogurt
- 1 cup milk of choice
- 2 cups sliced peaches, fresh or frozen
- 1 frozen banana
- maple syrup or honey, optional + to taste, depending on how sweet your peaches are
- Combine frozen cauliflower, yogurt, and milk in your blender. Blend until smooth and cauliflower is totally pureed.
- Add remaining ingredients, except maple syrup/honey, to your blender. Blend on high until smooth. Add water a little at a time, if needed, to reach desired consistency.
- Taste and add maple syrup or honey to reach desired sweetness. Reblend.
- Pour into two glasses and enjoy immediately.