A delicious way to add veggies to breakfast and no cooking required! These Carrot Cake Overnight Oats are loaded with carrots, shredded coconut, raisins and the classic flavors you are looking for! Easily vegan, dairy-free, and gluten free.
If there was ever a time for overnight oats to be part of breakfast (and meal prep!), it is during those hot months of summer.
No cooking. No heat. Just lovely tender, chilled oats that are perfectly sweetened and (you guessed it) veggie-loaded. Well, at least these oats are.
Overnight oats are a classic summer recipe that I have been enjoying for years. But I recently decided to see if they could handle having veggies add to them as well as my oh-so-popular baked oatmeal recipes can.
And guess what? No-cook oats totally can not only handle being veggie-loaded, but these carrot cake overnight oats makes getting vegetables in at breakfast easy and delicious….without you having to turn the stove on!
Why you need these oats in your life
- These carrot cake overnight oats are not only delicious, but super filling and loaded with good-for-you ingredients.
- They are a great part of meal prep. Toss the ingredients together and enjoy fresh out of the fridge for up to 3 days.
- Overnight oats are easy to adapt to fit pretty much any eating style. Check out the Suggested Adaptations section below for how to make them vegan, gluten free and/or vegan.
- Perfect for a grab-and-go breakfast. Just store the servings in small containers and grab one on the way out the door!
- They get veggies in at breakfast in a way that your whole family will love. Talk about starting off the day on the right foot!
- Super easy to make. Just mix the ingredients together and toss it in the fridge to “cook” overnight.
Frequently Asked Questions
Absolutely! If you don’t have on hand or it is simply not something you enjoy (my daughter feels ya on that one), leave the coconut out. No need to replace it.
Overnight oats are meant to be enjoyed cold out of the fridge. They soak in milk overnight to soften the oats so that they don’t require cooking.
However, you CAN warm them up if cold oatmeal just isn’t your thing. Zap them in the microwave or warm them in a pot on the stove for a bit to take the chill off and enjoy!
It can be done but requires doing a little cooking, which removes the glory of NOT cooking 😂. Steel cut oats require a lot more liquid and love to soften them up enough to eat. For that reason, I don’t recommend using steel cut oats in this carrot cake overnight oat recipe.
Yes! Swapping quick cooking oats 1:1 for rolled oats works out well in this (and most) overnight oat recipes.
- Make these carrot cake overnight dairy-free and vegan by using your favorite plant milk. I made these with unsweetened almond milk and they were delish!
- Omit the coconut if it is not your thing or don’t have it on hand.
- Replace the raisins with grated apple, applesauce, or diced pineapples. Or, add those WITH the raisins! Yum!
- Make these overnight oats gluten free and use certified gluten free oats.
Other veggie-loaded breakfast recipes that you are going to want to get your hands on
- Healthy Apple Carrot Pancakes
- Chocolate Zucchini Oatmeal
- Zucchini Blueberry Baked Oatmeal
- Paleo Almond Butter Blueberry Zucchini Muffins
- Strawberry Zucchini Overnight Oats
- Blueberry Zucchini Waffles
- Creamy Cauliflower Blueberry Smoothie
Did you try this overnight oat recipe and now you’re hungry for more?
Carrot Cake Overnight Oats
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/3 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup finely grated carrots
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup or honey
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds optional
- 1 1/2 cup milk of choice
- chopped pecans or walnuts for topping, optional
- Combine all ingredients except pecans in a bowl and stir until well combined. Either portion out mixture into mason jars or another storage container with lids or cover bowl. Place whatever storage container you are using in fridge overnight or for at least 4-6 hours.
- Remove overnight oats from fridge and stir. Add more milk if needed to reach desired consistency. Garnish with chopped pecans, more raisins and/or more shredded coconut if desired.
- Enjoy or store in fridge for future for up to 3 days.
The nutritional information is provided as an estimate only and may vary based on the product type, servings and other factors. If you are following a diet, please consult with a professional nutritionist or your doctor. Stay healthy!