This Creamy Cauliflower Blueberry Smoothie is loaded with tons of antioxidants, fiber, nutrients, healthy fat and protein. You’ll be totally amazed that you can’t taste the cauliflower and will adore how smooth and creamy the cauli makes your morning blend!Jump to Recipe
Cauliflower Blueberry Smoothie
Everyone was doing it….so I had to try too.
Putting frozen cauliflower in a smoothie sounded bizarre and even downright gross when I first heard about it. But the more I saw other smoothie lovers and drinkers adding it to their morning blend, I thought maybe I was missing out on an out-of-the-box idea of how to get different veggies into my family.
Fine. And me too. I’m not the biggest cauli lover on the planet, but I do know it is an awesome source of fiber, vitamins, riboflavin, niacin, magnesium, and protein. So, I try to sneak that white veggie into our lives wherever I can….so I finally decided to give the cauliflower smoothie a whirl.
Can you taste cauliflower in smoothies?
TNNers, it’s not weird! Or maybe it sound downright gross. Or the least bit funky!
Fear not! I’m here to tell you that cauliflower makes a smoothie super creamy and veggie-loaded without having to add spinach into the mix (the slightest tint of green can send some kids (and grown-ups) running for the hills, this I know)….so adding frozen cauliflower into your morning smoothie is a great way get some morning veggies into even the most resistant of veggie eaters!
Other veggie-loaded smoothie recipes you are going to love!
- Easy Green Smoothie for kids
- Vitamin C Immune Boosting Smoothie
- Chocolate Banana Smoothie (with veggies)
- Sunrise Butternut Squash Smoothie
- Blueberry Spinach Smoothie
- Healthy Peanut Butter Chocolate Smoothie (with greens!)
Creamy Cauliflower Blueberry Smoothie
- 2 cups frozen blueberries
- 1/4 cup almond butter or peanut butter can sub sunflower butter to make nut free
- 2 cups steamed then frozen cauliflower florets
- 2 cups milk of choice
- 1 ripe banana
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds optional
- 1 cup water
- Combine all ingredients in your blender.
- Blend on high until smooth. Add more water a little at a time if needed to reach desired consistency.
- Pour into glasses and enjoy immediately.