10+ Healthy Casserole Recipes (with added veggies)
Cozy casseroles are where it is at when it comes to easy dinners during the colder months. And they can be as nourishing as they are delicious! These 10+ healthy casserole recipes are full of protein, veggies, and are so flavorful that they are sure to win over your family’s approval!
There is something so comforting about a good casserole for dinner.
Maybe it is because they are a classic warm-you-up-from-the-inside-out food or because they tend to be a hearty, flavorful dish. Whatever the reason, a veggie-loaded casserole recipe has become one of my favorite things to prep on a slow Sunday for dinner and enjoy from the rest of the week as the ultimate leftover. Or to make when we have guests coming over and I want to be able to enjoy their company instead of being in the kitchen.
Here are some of the Healthy Casserole Recipes that I love to make. Each delicious, loaded with added veggies and wildly family approved by my family and members of The Natural Nurturer Community.
If easy + delicious + veggie-loaded is your jam as well, be sure to check out 15+ One-Pot Recipes with added veggies.
In this post, you will find….
- Healthy Breakfast Casserole Recipes
- Healthy Lasagna Recipes
- Healthy Casseroles With Meat + Veggies
- Healthy Vegetarian Casserole Recipes
Healthy Breakfast Casserole Recipes
Healthy Lasagna Recipes
Casserole Recipes with Meat + Veggies
Vegetarian Casserole Recipes
More healthy + comforting dinner recipes with added veggies
- 15+ Veggie-Loaded One Pot Recipes
- One-Pot Turkey Pumpkin Chili
- Veggie-Loaded Taco Pasta
- 15-Minute Cheeseburger Salad
- One-Pot Unstuffed Cabbage Soup (with ground beef)
Are you loving these veggie-loaded casserole recipes and now you’re hungry for more?
Healthy Casserole Recipes (with added veggies!)
- 4 cups cooked brown rice
- 16 ounces frozen broccoli florets
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast or chicken tenders, cut into 1-inch cubes*, see notes for using cooked chicken
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder, divided
- Black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, + extra for greasing
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch or arrowroot powder
- 1½ tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ¾ cup shredded cheddar cheese, or to taste and optional
- Preheat oven to 400℉ and grease a 9-by-13-inch baking dish with oil.
- Add rice and broccoli to the bottom of the baking dish. If any of the broccoli florets are much larger than the other, you may want to cut them smaller.
- Toss chicken pieces with 1/2 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp garlic powder, and a few grinds of black pepper. Distribute the seasoned chicken evenly over the rice and broccoli.
- Heat olive oil in a sauce pan or small pot over medium-high heat, add chopped onion and a pinch of salt and cook until onion is golden brown, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile whisk cornstarch/arrowroot into the chicken broth, making sure the cornstarch is dissolved.
- Once onion is cooked stir in the Italian seasoning then add the broth. Whisk in the remaining salt, mustard, and lemon juice then bring up to a simmer to thicken a bit. Once sauce is bubbling, pour evenly over the ingredients in the baking dish. Use a spoon to even out the top of the dish.
- Cover the baking dish with foil then bake for 30 minutes or until chicken is cooked. Remove foil then add cheese evenly over the top, if using. Return the dish to the oven for 5 minutes to melt the cheese or use the broiler to get a golden, crunchy top. Serve warm.