These healthy turkey meatballs are easy, veggie-loaded and full of that beloved ranch flavor! Loaded with protein and quick to make, they are the perfect weeknight dinner.Jump to Recipe
Meatballs are kind of my superhero food.
When I’m feeling iffy about what to make for dinner, I tend to make meatballs. Because…
- They are easy. I mean, dump everything into a bowl, mix, roll and cook. Real food cooking doesn’t get much simpler.
- You can load them up with allllllll sorts of stuff. Like, whatever you have on hand. So they are easy to make veggie-loaded with whatever I have handy. (check out my “Other recipes you are going to love” section below for more veggie-loaded meatball ideas)
- They are great to freeze for the extra-crazy-life-threw-you-all-the-curveballs kinda day. Or for just when you don’t feel like cooking…which happens to us all.
- They are super versatile! Meatballs ain’t just for spaghetti, folks! They are a great protein to add to so many dishes!
So, yeah. I’m kind of a crazy meatball lady (something I never thought I would say, but I’ll own it). Which is why the collection of TNN meatball recipes is growing. And now I am adding these healthy turkey meatballs loaded with spinach and oodles of amazing ranch flavor into the mix.
Guys, my husband and daughter went NUTS over these. Like, ate them all, licked their plates and there were a bit annoyed with me that there were not more to be had.
So make them. Love them. But maybe make a double batch because your family (and you) are going to want seconds!
Why these healthy turkey meatballs are awesome
- Easy to make. 10 minutes (if that!) of prep and then into the oven they go while you do other things! Making them perfect for weeknights!
- They serve up protein AND veggies. If you are a regular on this page, you know that veggie-loading all the food is find of my thing. But I still always get excited about a recipe that can make vegetables easy and delicious in a recipe that is already a classic.
- Flavorful. Turkey burgers and meatballs kind of have a bad reputation for being blah in the flavor department. But not these bad boys! So much flavor and so good!
Health benefits of spinach
Spinach is one of those veggies that we all know we *should* be eating on a regular basis. But it can be tricky to get into the habit of. And why the heck is it so important to eat?? Folks, spinach is a little plant powerhouse. Loaded with vitamins, minerals and antioxidants. It adds so much to a meal or recipe. Like…..
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin C
- Vitamin K1
- Folic acid
- Vitamin B6
- Vitamin B9
- Vitamin E
Suggested Adaptations for making these healthy turkey meatballs
- Make them with ground chicken. Ground turkey and ground chicken and typically be used very interchangeably in recipes.
- Reduce the amount of spinach. If the greens in this recipe make you nervous, go ahead and reduce it down a bit.
- Cook them as nuggets or burgers! Use the mixture to form burgers or little veggie-loaded nuggets and cook them on the stove top with a little bit of oil!
- Freeze them! Make a double batch of these healthy turkey meatballs and freeze all or some to pull out for a quick protein to add to a meal!
How to serve these healthy turkey meatballs
You mean other than just popping them in your mouth? Is that just me?
I love meatballs because they are kind of my go-to “emergency” protein. I like to have a batch on hand in the fridge or freezer to throw into any meal for a healthy serving of protein. Here are some ways I suggest you enjoy these healthy turkey meatballs in your life…..
- Over your favorite pasta with a little cheese (we eat a gluten free lentil pasta since it has more protein)
- Over spirialized veggies
- With your favorite rice, cauliflower “rice” and roasted veggies
- Over a salad
- As a protein-packed snack!
- With your favorite dipping sauce (I personally love it with a homemade ranch….because me a ranch are BFFS)
Other veggie-loaded recipes you are going to love
- Beef & Mushroom Meatballs
- Veggie-Loaded Chicken Bites
- Glorious Green Veggie Chicken Burgers
- Healthy Veggie-Loaded Meatballs
- Chicken & Cauliflower Meatballs
Healthy Ranch Spinach Turkey Meatballs
- 1/2 tbsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp fresh dill chopped. Or sub 1/2 tbsp dried dill
- 1 pound ground turkey or ground chicken
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley chopped. Or sub 1 tbsp dried parsley
- 3/4 tsp salt or to taste
- black pepper to taste
- 2 cups spinach finely chopped
- 2 green onions finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- Preheat your oven to 400℉
- Combine all the ingredients in a medium/large bowl. Mix well and ensure all ingredients are evenly incorporated
- Gently roll the meat into golfball size portions. Arrange the meatballs in a single layer on a large baking sheet.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until meat is cooked through.
The nutritional information is provided as an estimate only and may vary based on the product type, servings and other factors. If you are following a diet, please consult with a professional nutritionist or your doctor. Stay healthy!