Turmeric Roasted Carrots
You guys know how I looooovvveeee to roast veggies. Well, now I’ve brought turmeric into the mix. These Turmeric Roasted Carrots are absolutely amazing!
Turmeric? Really, Taesha?
Yes, guys. For real. Trust me on this! Your jar of turmeric might be collecting dust on your spice rack, but you really should consider dusting it off (and checking to make it is still good) and embracing this seriously awesome spice into your life and diet for more reasons than just making your carrots taste good….which it does….I promise.
What’s so special about turmeric?
Turmeric is one of those wildly healthy spices that you really should have more of in your life and diet. It is one of nature’s best anti-inflammatory and wildly good for your gut….two things that I am all about having in my life.
Well, turmeric is this gorgeous golden-yellow spice that is present in a lot of Indian dishes (actually, it’s one of the main spices in curry!). Its flavor is earthy, so it pairs beautifully with root veggies (one of my favorite things to roast). While this recipe is for carrots, I strongly recommend that you try it with all the roasted veggies and report back!
Turmeric roasted carrots
So why carrots? Because I was thinking of all you mamas and papas out there are trying your damnedest to get your wee ones to eat all the good stuff you can think of.
Turmeric is really pretty and delicious, but its color is pretty noticeable.
Luckily, carrots’ vibrant color and flavor work well with the turmeric, making the detection of this oh-so healthy spice less apparent for wee (and sometimes reluctant) palates.
Wondering how to store your carrots so they stay fresh as long as possible? Check out my post on How to Keep Cut Carrots Fresh and get the most out of your produce buck!
Other healthy carrot recipes that you will enjoy…
- Healthy Carrot Pumpkin Muffins
- Carrot Cake Baked Oatmeal
- Carrot Banana Protein Oatmeal
- Carrot Apple Vegan Muffins
Loving these turmeric roasted carrots and hungry for more?
Turmeric Roasted Carrots
- Line 1 or 2 baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats and preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, combine the sea salt, black pepper, and turmeric. Mix well and set aside.
- Wash and peel the carrots. Then cut diagonally into approximately 1-1 1/2 inch pieces. Throw the sliced carrots into a a medium bowl.
- If using ghee or butter, melt into a liquid. Once your cooking fat is in liquid form, drizzle it over the sliced carrots. Toss a them with a large spoon to evenly coat.
- Sprinkle the spice blend over the carrots, tossing again until the spices are evenly distributed through the dish.
- Spread the carrots in a single layer on the baking sheets, making sure not to crowd them. Crowded carrots will steam instead of roast.
- Roast for 20-25 minutes or until carrots are tender and the edges of carrots are slightly golden brown.
- Enjoy immediately.
- Carrots’ vibrant color and flavor work well with the turmeric, making the detection of this oh-so healthy spice less apparent for wee (and sometimes reluctant) palates.
- While this recipe is for carrots, I strongly recommend that you try it with all the roasted veggies as well.
This post contains affiliate links, though all opinions are my own. When you purchase anything using my links, it costs you absolutely nothing extra, but it does kicks The Natural Nurturer a little financial love to keep doing what we do. Thank you for your continued support, both with your dollars and your interest