These carrot apple vegan muffins are kid-friendly, easy and as yummy as they are healthy! Made from oats, naturally sweetened and veggie-loaded, they are mixed entirely in your blender and are gluten free, dairy-free and egg free!Jump to Recipe
Carrot Apple Vegan Muffins
Muffins. I love ’em. You guys love ’em. We all love ’em….so I keep baking them. With veggies (and this time fruit!)…because that’s how I roll.
We are heavy in a carrot phase over here. Yes, I said that. Carrot phase.
See, my daughter is a bit obsessed with Easter at the moment. I get it. Cute fluffy bunnies. Pretty pastel eggs. Lovely flowers. It’s basically the holiday where every little girl’s favorite things are splattered everywhere she looks. And the plethora of carrots everywhere has had a very positive effect on her orange veggie intake.
I’m not asking questions, just simply handing my daughter all the carrot things she could want and basking in the moment.
Carrots are one of those veggies that isn’t weird to put in baked goods (not that the fear of being weird has ever stopped me, hence Oatmeal Green Smoothie Muffins) and you can get pretty much any kid (or strong-willed adult) to eat. But, I decided to sweeten the muffin deal (literally) by adding apple into the mix.
Have you guys ever tried apple and carrots together?
Heaven! I love making a simple salad for my daughter (or myself) of shredded apples and carrots. The flavors just get each other and make a good muffin better.
These Carrot Apple vegan Muffins are everything. Super soft, super wonderful and they pretty much melt in your mouth. Full of flavor and yum….but also nutrient dense goodness. Oats, apples, carrots flax and all the good stuff you probably already have kicking around in your kitchen. So you can totally go make these right now….and every day…for the rest of your life.
Go for it! Seriously. I’ll wait here.
Other veggie-packed muffins you are going to want to make, like NOW!
- Chocolate Chip Carrot vegan Muffins (with lentils)
- Kid-Friendly Vegan Spinach Muffins
- Dairy-free Sweet Potato Peanut Butter Muffins
- Dairy-free Chocolate Butternut Squash Muffins
Carrot Apple Vegan Muffins
- 3 tbsp ground flax meal
- 9 tbsp water
- 1 cup grated carrot
- 1 tbsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup maple syrup or date syrup sub honey if vegan isn't needed
- 2 cups uncooked rolled oats (if baking gluten free, make sure oats are also certified gluten free)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tbsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 medium apple roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 350℉ and line a 12-hole muffin tin with liners.
- In a blender, combine flax meal and water. Pulse a few times to combine and then let sit in the blender for 5 minutes to “gel” into a “flax egg”
- After the flax + water has had some alone time in the blender, add the vanilla, maple syrup, baking soda, salt, vinegar, cinnamon, apple, oats, coconut oil, and almond milk. Blend until batter has a smooth consistency. You may need to scrape down the sides of the blender a few times and then keep on blending until everything is incorporated.
- Finally, add the grated carrots. Pulse a few times to incorporate them into the batter, but not enough to puree them…unless you don’t want your family to see carrot pieces. Then by all means, puree your little heart out!
- Portion out the batter between the 12 lined muffin holes.
- Bake at 25 minutes or until a a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- Allow to cool completely (the middle may be a bit moist fresh out of the oven) and enjoy or store in fridge for up to a week!