15-Minute Carrot Banana Protein Oatmeal
Boost the protein of your morning oatmeal! Carrot Banana Protein Oatmeal is delicious, easy to make and full of protein thanks to the addition of chia seeds and whisked eggs! Done cooking in just 15 minutes, these oats fill and fuel you up until lunch!
TNNers, I am a morning person. Always have been and probably always will be.
I am up before the sun and find a lot of peace in starting the day on the couch with a cup of coffee and a good convo with my husband.
So, with this in mind, getting breakfast on the table usually isn’t an issue for me.
“Usually” being the key word in that sentence. Because even though I thrive in the morning, filling, easy breakfast recipes are still my jam.
This Carrot Banana Protein Oatmeal is my Monday-morning go-to recipe. It is filled with fiber from oats, veggie-loaded with grated carrots, protein from whisked eggs, and naturally sweetened with ripe bananas. I love that it only takes 15 minutes to make and really fills my family up until lunch. It is the perfect hearty breakfast recipe for someone who isn’t big on the texture of eggs, since the whisked eggs melt into the oats and create this creamy, custardy-like texture. This recipe make 2 hearty servings, but feel free to double it!
Love a quick and easy veggie-loaded oatmeal recipe? Check out my Carrot Zucchini Instant Pot Oatmeal.
- Make it ahead! Not a morning person like me? Make a batch of of this ahead of time and reheat as needed! Or, freeze it in portions in a muffin tin for those surprise crazy mornings!
- Use whatever oats you have on hand! No rolled oats? Thats okay! You can easily make this with steel cut oats or quick oats, just adjust the cooking time according to instructions on the box/container! Just make sure you still add the eggs in at the end and give them a few minutes to cook in the hot oatmeal while you continue to vigorously stir.
- Swap the carrots for zucchini! Both work beautifully!
- Sweeten it up! I love using super ripe bananas as the only sweetener in these oats, but some people enjoy things a little sweeter. Add some honey or maple syrup to taste if that sounds like your jam!
Wondering how to store your carrots so they stay fresh as long as possible? Check out my post on How to Keep Cut Carrots Fresh and get the most out of your produce buck!
How to make this recipe
More veggie-loaded oatmeal recipes
- Carrot Zucchini Instant Pot Oatmeal
- Zucchini Blueberry Baked Oatmeal
- Pumpkin Baked Oatmeal
- Blueberry Cauliflower Oatmeal
- Carrot Apple Slow Cooker Steel Cut Oatmeal
Did you try this protein oatmeal recipe and now you’re hungry for more?
15-minute Carrot Banana Protein Oatmeal
- Combine milk, oats and carrots in a pot. Bring to a boil. Lower heat to medium-low heat and cook uncovered for 6 minutes.
- Add mashed bananas, chia seeds, and cinnamon to the pot, stirring to combine. Cook an additional 2 minutes.
- While the oats cook, crack the eggs into a small bowl and whisk them very well. This will allow you to easily dump the eggs into the pot all at once.
- Once the 2 minutes is up, reduce the heat to low, pour the whisked eggs into the oats and stir them in vigorously! This is an important step, as the egg will cook in clumps if not quickly incorporated into the oats.
- Stirring continuously, cook over low heat for 2-3 additional minutes or until the eggs are cooked through.
- Top with your favorite nut butter, yogurt, berries, more bananas or a little honey/maple syrup and enjoy warm! Store leftovers in fridge and enjoy within 3 days or freeze in portions.