Power-Up Green Smoothie
This Power-Up Green Smoothie has so many great-for-your-gut ingredients in it that it will really power you up any time of the day. This smoothie will seriously stick to your bones and see you through until next meal without blinking an eye.
My green fairy tale
Once upon a time, there was a girl who celebrated the holiday season with a little too much food and spirits. That girl is me. This is the story about how I became best friends with my blender (again) and made lots of green smoothies to help feel like myself again.
Seriously, no one is perfect. That includes me. As I have said many times before, my journey to a healthy lifestyle has and always will be full of twists, turns, derailments, and lessons to be learned.
I almost like falling off the healthy eating wagon once in a while because it reminds me how amazing whole food makes me feel and how powerful it is. It’s nature’s way of keeping you in check and reminding you what your body really wants to fuel it.
Okay, body, I hear you loud and clear. I’ll go back to treating you the way I should.
Its New Years Day. Everyone has “reset” on the brain for how they want their coming year to look and feel. This seemed like the ideal time to introduce you guys to my favorite liquid reset button; the Power-Up Green Smoothie.
Power-up green smoothie
I call it “power-up” because it has so many great-for-your-gut ingredients in it that it really will power you up for the morning, afternoon, evening, or whenever you need to channel Super Mario stumbling upon a fire flower.
This smoothie will seriously stick to your bones and see you through until your next meal without blinking an eye. There will be a lot of these made in my blender the next few months.
Other healthy smoothies you are going to enjoy…
- Green Grinch Smoothies
- Red Velvet Smoothie
- Pumpkin Pie Smoothie
- Blueberry Spinach Smoothie
- Simple Spinach Mango Smoothie
Loving this green smoothie and hungry for more?
Made this recipe?
And you totally loved it, right? Awesome! I’d love for you give it your review below! 👇 And make sure to share your veggie-loaded creations on by tagging me on Instagram!
Power-Up Green Smoothie
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 1-2 frozen bananas, peeled, (start with 1 and add more if you need it sweeter)
- 1/4 cup uncooked rolled oats
- 1 cup kale, washed and chopped and ribs removed
- 1 medium apple, washed and chopped
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 heaping tablespoons peanut butter, or nut butter of choice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup ice cubes (optional)
- In a blender, combine almond milk, banana, kale, and rolled oats. Run until all the kale bits are liquified.
- Add apple. Puree until smooth again.
- Add remaining ingredients and run until everything is well incorporated.
- Serve and enjoy.
This post contains Amazon affiliate links, though all opinions are my own. When you purchase anything using my links, it costs you absolutely nothing extra, but it does kicks The Natural Nurturer a little financial love to keep doing what we do. Thank you for your continued support, both with your dollars and your interest