Instant Pot corn on the cob makes cooking and enjoying this summer garden goodie extra easy without heating up your kitchen! Plus, it tastes amazing and comes out perfect every time.Jump to Recipe
Instant Pot Corn on The Cob
Corn on the cob is a quintessential summer side.
The whole process feels like summer to me, actually. Husking the cobs outside while chatting with friends or family. Slathering it with some butter. Eating it outside in the summer air
Why this Instant Pot Corn on the Cob is the bee’s knees!
- Easy! I love my electric pressure cooker for the simple fact that it makes cooking homemade meals fast and as effortless as possible.
- No heating up the kitchen. Corn on the cob is in season during the hottest months. So the idea of turning on my stove to cook them up isn’t super enticing. Which is why I love my Instant Pot for summer cooking. Home cooked meals and not adding to the heat in my kitchen.
- Perfect corn on the cob every time! So far, this recipe and method has been totally fool proof for me. Juicy, sweet, and with the perfect level of crunch you love to get when you bit into corn on the cob.
How to cook corn on the cob if you don’t have an Instant Pot.
This post contains affiliate links.
Okay, first. I HIGHLY recommend you consider getting an Instant Pot. It really has saved my sanity and my behind on more than one occasion when I needed to get dinner together in a hurry. Plus, there are SO many ways to use your Instant Pot (see my suggestions below!).
However, you want to make corn on the cob, like, NOW…but don’t have an Instant Pot to your name, you can obviously still cook corn on the cob. I mean, they did it long before the invention of the IP.
Here are a few other ways!
- Boil it. Bring a large pot of water (salted if you like) to a boil. Add husked corn cobs to the water and cook for 5 minutes. Once done, carefully remove corn from water and enjoy.
- Steam it. Place a steamer basket in a large pot of water. Put about an inch of water into the pot with the steamer. Cover and bring to a boil. Once boiling, add husked corn and cover again. Steam for 6-7 minutes. Once done, use tongs to carefully remove corn.
- Grill it! If you already have your grill heated up to cook some other fabulous summer fare, just throw your husked corn on too. Cook, being sure to turn it often. After about 10 minutes, the kernels should be a bright yellow color and ready to enjoy.
More Instant Pot recipes that you are going to love…
- How To Cook Lentils in the Instant Pot
- 15-Minute Instant Pot Artichokes Recipe
- Strawberry Beet Instant Pot Applesauce
- Instant Pot Black Bean & Butternut Squash Soup
- Mashed Instant Pot Potatoes with Cauliflower
Instant Pot Corn On The Cob
- Instant Pot
- Instant Pot trivet
- 3-4 ears of corn shucked
- 1 1/2 cup water
- Place trivet in your Instant Pot and pour water in.
- Arrange the corn on the trivet. Secure lid on top, make sure valve is closed to sealing, and cook on Manual High pressure for 2 minutes. It will take your Instant Pot about 10 minutes to get up to pressure.
- Once done cooking, carefully quick release the pressure.
- When floating valve drops, carefully take the lid off the Instant Pot and use tongs to remove corn. Cut in half, if desired.
- Enjoy immediately with butter, salt, and pepper, parmesan cheese or your favorite topping.
The nutritional information is provided as an estimate only and may vary based on the product type, servings and other factors. If you are following a diet, please consult with a professional nutritionist or your doctor. Stay healthy!