This healthy one-skillet Chicken & Veggie Teriyaki Stir Fry is a healthy version of the classic dish. Super easy to make and so flavorful! It’s gluten free, dairy free, easily Whole30, and Paleo.Jump to Recipe
Chicken teriyaki stir-fry is to easy dinners what the Beatles are to music. Classic through and through. Something everyone body knows about….and either loves or hates. Personally, I’m on the love end of it all…for the stir-fry and the Beatles.
But here is the thing about classic teriyaki chicken stir-fry….its not all that healthy. I know, I know. That chicken and lovely sweet and sticky sauce are almost always accompanied by veggies (yay!), but that amazing sauce that kind of pulls the whole dish together is…well, not that great for you. Lots of sugar. And usually lots of other added ingredients.
So out with classic teriyaki chicken, and in with Healthy One-Skillet Chicken & Veggie Teriyaki Stir-Fry!
This recipes is the new knees to my bees for a few reasons:
- One-skillet recipes are magical. I hate dishes. Don’t you hate dishes? Let’s just skip the extra dishes and make all the meals in one pan…starting with this one.
- It still has the great taste of traditional teriyaki but without the overload of sugar (and I’m sure a boatload of other additives) that store-bought teriyaki sauce has.
- Its easy. Because thats how I roll. I don’t have the time or the patience for complicated, so if I am willing to make this for dinner….you better believe its a simple one.
- Its all kinds of veggie-loaded. Because thats also how I roll. But you guys know that by now.
So let’s just cut to the chase and make this recipe. Because its going to be happening a lot in my house…and your’s too, I’m betting.
Other recipes you are going to love!
- Beef & Mushroom Meatballs
- Glorious Green Veggie Chicken Burgers
- Instant Pot Salsa & Spinach Shredded Chicken
- Ranch Chicken Spaghetti Squash Casserole
Loving the veggie-loaded goodness and hungry for more?Sign up so that my newsletter is delivered straight to your inbox. And be sure to follow me on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram for all kinds of veggie-loaded living ideas!
Healthy Chicken & Veggie Teriyaki Stir Fry
For homemade sauce
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos
- 2 tablespoons honey, maple syrup or date syrup (for Whole30) to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1-2 tbsp tapioca starch or arrowroot starch (depending on how thick you like your sauce)
- 1 tbsp coconut or avocado oil or oil of choice
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless chicken breasts cut into bite sized pieces
- 2 bell peppers deseeded and chopped
- 4-5 cups broccoli florets (about 12 oz)
- 2 1/2 cups carrots chopped (about 4 medium carrots)
- In a medium bowl, whisk together ingredients for the teriyaki sauce. Set aside.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Once the skillet is hot, add cooking oil.
- Once oil is hot, add chicken and cook for about 5 minutes. Add carrots and broccoli florets. Cook for 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add bell peppers to the skillet, stirring a few times to incorporate. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in the middle.
- Add teriyaki sauce to the stir fry. Stir to coat the chicken and veggies and cook for 4-5 more minutes or until sauce thickens. If you like your sauce thicker, sprinkle an additional 1/2 tablespoon of tapioca starch over the stir fry and stir in to the meal until is disappears.
- Enjoy warm! Pairs well with cauliflower rice, rice, mach cauliflower or mashed potatoes.
The nutritional information is provided as an estimate only and may vary based on the product type, servings and other factors. If you are following a diet, please consult with a professional nutritionist or your doctor. Stay healthy!