Quick to make and delicious, this Easy Garlic Shrimp and Broccoli is the perfect weeknight dinner. Made with a handful of ingredients and ready in about 15 minutes.
This easy garlic shrimp and broccoli stir fry is the perfect dinner for those busy weeknights when you kinda forget you need to cook dinner. Or just don’t have the time (or the mental juice!) to pour much into it.
Made from just a few ingredients, this dinner is full of flavor and made in minutes! Enjoy it as is or throw it over your favorite pasta, some cooked rice or a little quinoa.
I personally love this garlic shrimp and broccoli with brown or white rice. The rice soaks up the awesome sauce and adds a great starch to the to balance out the meal. This recipe is also great with mashed potatoes (again, great for soaking up the garlic sauce), noodles, or cooked quinoa.
Use frozen broccoli instead of fresh. You can dip into your freezer stash to make this dinner extra easy to whip up! If using frozen broccoli, allow it to cook for about 8-10 minutes or until bright green and cooked through. Then remove it from the pan and cook shrimp as directed. Be sure to drain any extra liquid from the pan before cooking shrimp to prevent a thin sauce. FYI: Frozen broccoli will have a softer texture versus fresh, but the flavor and nutritional benefits will still be on point in this shrimp stir fry recipe.
Up the honey in the garlic sauce. The sauce in this stir fry recipe is more on the savory side. However, if you enjoy the sweeter honey garlic sauce that is often paired with shrimp and broccoli, feel free to increase the honey in this sauce recipe to 3 tablespoons or to fit your own personal taste.
Add more garlic. Garlic is one of those things that some people just love more of. This sauce has the perfect level of garlicy-goodness for our family’s person taste, but if your crew loves that garlic flavor, feel free to add a few more cloves to the sauce recipe.
Other easy weeknight dinner recipes
- Veggie-Loaded Quinoa Black Bean Casserole
- Veggie-Loaded Shrimp Taco Bowls
- Veggie-Loaded Mini Meatloaves
- Sweet Potato Apple Sausage Skillet
- Sheet Pan Sausage and Veggies
Loving these easy shrimp & broccoli stir fry and hungry for more?
Sign up so that my newsletter is delivered straight to your inbox. And be sure to follow me on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram for all kinds of veggie-loaded living ideas!
Easy Garlic Shrimp & Broccoli
For honey garlic sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos or soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3-4 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 tablespoon arrowroot flour or cornstarch
For stir fry
- 1.5 tablespoons olive oil or avocado oil divided
- 1 pound raw shrimp peeled, deveined and tails removed
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 1/2 teaspoon salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- sesame seeds for garnish, optional
- Make the garlic sauce by combining ingredients in a medium bowl. Whisk everything together.
- Add shrimp to the bowl and toss to coat. If you have time, put the bowl in the fridge to let the shrimp marinade in the sauce for 15-20 minutes. This is an optional step but will help the shrimp to really soak up the sauce's flavors.
- Heat a large skillet medium-high heat, add 1 tablespoon olive oil. Once the oil is hot, add broccoli and season with salt and pepper. Cook for about 5-7 minutes until bright green and soft. Scoop broccoli out of pan and set aside.
- Add the remaining tablespoon of olive oil to the pan. Once the oil is hot, add marinaded shrimp and cook for 2-3 minutes. Flip and cook another 2 minutes. Shrimp is done when pink.
- Add the broccoli back to the pan and toss with cooked shrimp and sauce. Bring to a simmer and let cook for 2-3 more minutes.
- Enjoy warm on its own or over cooked rice, noodles, mashed potatoes or quinoa. Garnish with sesame seeds if desired.
The nutritional information is provided as an estimate only and may vary based on the product type, servings and other factors. If you are following a diet, please consult with a professional nutritionist or your doctor. Stay healthy!
Super simple and enjoyed by all….even my son who isn’t big in stir fry recipes!
Family approved! Always a goal of mine!
This has become one of my go-to quick weeknight dinners especially for night when I’m not sure what to make.
I’m so glad you enjoyed it and it has helped you simplify dinner time! This is a go-to for me, too.
This is one of my go to meals for when my husband isn’t home for dinner. I love shrimp but he doesn’t like it. This recipe is so quick and easy to make and tastes great. I love how this recipe has only a few ingredients and they are all pantry/freezer staples in my house, so I know I always have what I need to make this without having to plan ahead.
So glad you love it, Jen!