These Easy Roasted Radishes are a delicious way to enjoy this lovely root vegetable. Roasting cuts the spice of radishes and gives them a lovely flavor and texture. The perfect healthy side to any dinner.
Why roast radishes
Radishes were a root veggie that I thought was a total no-go for me.
I didn’t enjoy the spicy bite they have when eaten raw and, well, I frankly didn’t know you could eat them any other way!
But you can! When I first heard of roasting radishes a few years ago, I was all kinds of iffy and skeptical. I known from years of veggie-loading that roasting other veggies cuts their bitterness, brings out natural sweetness, and gives vegetables a totally love texture and flavor…all while retaining many of their nutrients.
So I gave it a go and, behold, roasting radishes is all kinds of magical! The roasting cuts the bite of radishes BIG TIME and they almost become sweet. The texture of roasted radishes reminds me of a roasted potato (perfect for those of you needing low carb options) and they are incredibly easy to make.
Health benefits of radishes
I started the whole veggie-loaded approach because I wanted to find ways to LOVE veggies enough to WANT to eat more of them.
Why? Because fruits and vegetables are Mother Nature’s multivitamin. She gives us everything we need if we eat a diverse variety of produce in our everyday meals. An radishes are an amazing thing to add to our diets because:
- They are a great source of vitamins C, folate and riboflavin.
- Radishes have minerals such as calcium, potassium and manganese
- They have fiber.
- Radishes contains antibacterial and antifungal properties.
Other roasted veggie sides you will find magical
- How To Roast Beets
- Parmesan Kale Chips
- Roasted Carrots and Potatoes
- The BEST Roasted Brussel Sprouts
- Oven Roasted Cauliflower
Loving these easy roasted radishes and hungry for more?
Easy Roasted Radishes
- 1 pound fresh radishes about 2 bunches
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-2 cloves garlic minced, optional
- Preheat your oven to 425℉
- Wash your radishes well, trim the tops off of them and slice them in half. If your radishes are on the large side, quarter them.
- Place radishes in a edged baking dish. Drizzle with the oil, season with salt and minced garlic (if using). Toss to evenly coat.
- Arrange radishes cut-side down in the baking dish.
- Roast radishes for 15 minutes. Toss and roast for another 10-15 minutes or until radishes are starting to turn a golden brown and are slightly tender. Exact cooking time will depend on how large your radishes are.
- Enjoy warm with a sprinkling of fresh herbs or as is.
The nutritional information is provided as an estimate only and may vary based on the product type, servings and other factors. If you are following a diet, please consult with a professional nutritionist or your doctor. Stay healthy!