15+ Spinach Recipes For Kids
Looking to get a little more spinach in your little ones? These healthy spinach recipes for kids are going to be total veggie game changers in your home!
Spinach recipes for kids
Popeye loved it. Doctors sing it’s praises. But why is spinach something we should be trying to eat more of?
TNNers, spinach is a little plant powerhouse. Loaded with vitamins, minerals and antioxidants. Such as
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin C
- Vitamin K1
- Folic acid
- Vitamin B6
- Vitamin B9
- Vitamin E
Do I have you convinced that adding a little spinach to your family’s meals can really boost the nutrients and goodness of their meal? Yes? Awesome! Now let’s get you some spinach-loaded recipes to make getting it into their lives and bellies delicious and simple!
Do you want to make sure you always have spinach on hand for these veggie-loaded, kid-friendly recipes? And that no extra spinach goes to waste? Check out my tips & tricks for keeping spinach fresh all week!
Lunch & Dinner
Spinach Recipes for Kids: Healthy Chocolate Muffins (with Veggies!)
- 2 large eggs, can sub 2 "flax eggs"
- 1 cup mashed banana, about 2 medium bananas
- 1 cup grated carrots
- 1 cup loosely packed spinach or kale
- 1/4 cup oil, I use melted coconut oil or avocado
- 1/4 cup maple syrup or honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour, can sub 1:1 gluten free flour mix, if needed
- 1 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- chocolate chips**, to taste and optional
- Preheat your oven to 350 ℉ and line a 12-hole muffin tin with liners. Set aside
- In your blender, combine eggs, banana, carrots, spinach/kale, maple syrup/ honey, oil, vinegar, and vanilla.
- Blend until mixture is smooth.
- Add flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cocoa powder and cinnamon. Process until just mixed. If you do not have a high speed blender, combine everything in a bowl and mix by hand.
- Finally, fold in chocolate chips (if using).
- Portion batter into prepared muffin tin and top with extra chocolate chips if desired.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- Let cool in pan for 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack. Enjoy and let cool completely before storing leftovers in an air-tight container in fridge or freezer.