This Easy Corn Salsa just tastes like summer! Inspired by the Chipotle version, this quick and simple salsa recipe is made with cooked corn, jalapeños, red onion, lime juice, and the perfect blend of spices.
Corn recipes are the flavor of summer! And there is no easier summer recipe than this easy peasy corn salsa (except for maybe my zucchini salsa). Made in about 10 minutes, this is the perfect addition to any warm weather meal or BBQ. A flavorful veggie side dish that is vegan, plant-based, vegetarian, dairy-free, and gluten free. Beautiful on top of grilled chicken or fish, in a taco or burrito bowl or simply eaten by the scoopful with tortilla chips!
Can I use fresh corn instead of frozen?
From my research, Chipotle uses frozen corn in their corn salsa. Which is great, since that means we can easily enjoy this corn salsa all year round! However, with summer comes lots of fresh corn. You can totally cook your summer-fresh corn (I like to make corn on the cob in my Instant Pot to prevent heating up my hot summer kitchen) and use it in this recipe instead of cooked frozen!
What to Serve with this Corn Salsa
This salsa is easy enough to throw together whenever! Whether you want to top your Tuesday Tacos with it, toss it on some burrito bowls, enjoy it as a summer BBQ side or just enjoy like a classic salsa with all the tortilla chips, this corn is salsa is the perfect easy addition to a meal!
How to Store Corn Salsa
This salsa keeps really nicely in the fridge for about 3 days when stored in an air-tight container.
I do not recommend freezing this salsa.
This corn salsa recipe is a great jumping off point for you and also a great way to get all those amazing summer vegetables in! Some other veggies to add to this recipe are…
- toss in diced zucchini. No cooking required! Just chop it up and add it to this dish.
- add halved cherry tomatoes.
- add any kind of bell pepper. Bell pepper and corn are an amazing pair!
- finely chopped garlic would go great if you like the taste of raw garlic.
- Add some cooked quinoa and make it a salad.
- Toss in some cooked black beans for a boost of protein.
- Don’t like cilantro? You can use some chopped fresh parsley instead or leave out the herbs if you’d prefer.
- No onion? You can leave it out or use thinly sliced scallion instead.
Other veggie-loaded summer recipes you are going to love
- Pesto Veggie Pasta Salad
- Easy Zucchini Salsa
- Easy Greek-Inspired Quinoa Salad
- Zucchini Strawberry Overnight Oats
- 5-Minute Green Goddess Dip
- Easy Green Smoothie
- Mexican-Style Corn Quinoa Stuffed Peppers
Loving this corn recipe and now you’re hungry for more?
Sign up so that my newsletter is delivered straight to your inbox. And be sure to follow me on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram for all kinds of veggie-loaded and healthy living ideas!
Easy Corn Salsa (Chipotle Copycat)
- 3 cups frozen corn
- 1/3 cup finely chopped red or white onion
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon salt or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1-2 medium jalapeño deseeded and chopped
- Cook frozen corn according to directions on the bag. Let cool completely before adding other ingredients. You can do this step ahead of time and store cooked corn in your fridge until you are ready to make the salsa.
- Once corn is cooled, pour it into a large bowl. Add all remaining ingredients to the bowl. Stir to combine. Taste and add more salt or seasoning as needed.
- Enjoy right away or cover and store in your fridge for up to 3 days. As salsa sits, some liquid will release from the vegetables. You can drain off some of the juices if desired or enjoy it as is.
The nutritional information is provided as an estimate only and may vary based on the product type, servings and other factors. If you are following a diet, please consult with a professional nutritionist or your doctor. Stay healthy!
This was so great on burrito bowls tonight! Can’t wait to enjoy the leftovers tomorrow