Simple and delicious, this Crispy Air Fryer Cauliflower is the perfect easy veggie side! Perfectly seasoned with simple ingredients and cooking up in under 15 minutes, you’ll find yourself eating this cauliflower right out of the air fryer basket!
Your air fryer is about to transform how you eat veggies!
Let’s start with this Crispy Air Fryer Cauliflower. Not only does it cook up fast (12-15 minutes), but every piece is perfectly tender. The simple seasoning of salt, oil and garlic powder brings out the best in the cauliflower flavor. The cornstarch used in the seasoning blend helps the ends of the florets to crisp up perfectly and helps the drizzled sauce stick to the cauliflower better.
This recipe is perfect for an air fryer newbie and is vegan, plant based, gluten free, and vegetarian. It can easily be made Paleo and Whole30 friendly when you swap arrowroot for the cornstarch. Whatever you fill the rest of your dinner plate with, this air fryer cauliflower will always be a welcomed addition!
What you’ll need for this recipe
- Cauliflower – Cut into bite sized florets. Fresh works best for achieving the crispy cauliflower you are looking for.
- Oil – Avocado or olive oil
- Cornstarch– Optional but helps the ends to crisp up and great for helping any sauce you drizzle over this air fryer cauliflower to stick better.
- Salt – use as much (or as little) as you prefer to use in you cooking
- Garlic powder– again, optional….but doesn’t garlic make every veggie better?
- An air fryer– This is one I use and love.
Make this Air Fryer Buffalo Cauliflower…
…by simple tossing the end product with your favorite buffalo sauce. Or use this quick recipe:
- 1/2 cup buffalo-style hot sauce (such as Frank’s)
- 2 tablespoons butter, vegan butter, or coconut oil, melted
Mix together and drizzle over cooked air fryer cauliflower and toss to coat.
Other veggie Air Fryer recipes you want in your life and your belly
- 5-Minute Air Fryer Asparagus
- Carrot Fries (Oven or Air Fryer)
- Cauliflower Tots (Baked or Air Fryer)
- Air Fryer Green Beans
- Air Fryer Butternut Squash
Loving this air fryer recipe and are hungry for more?
15-Minute Crispy Air Fryer Cauliflower
- 1 medium head of cauliflower about 1½ pounds
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or avocado oil
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch or arrowroot starch
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ¾ teaspoon kosher salt
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- Cut the cauliflower into small, bite sized florets. Add to a medium bowl and toss with the oil to coat.
- In a small bowl, mix the cornstarch, garlic powder, salt, and a few grinds of black pepper. Sprinkle over the florets, then toss to coat.
- Preheat your air fryer to 390℉ for 3 minutes. Once hot, add cauliflower and cook for 12 to 14 minutes, shaking the basket at the 3 minute mark and again at 6 minutes and 9 minutes. TIP: If you are using an air fryer with a smaller basket (like me), consider cooking in two batches for perfect crispness. Note: Every air fryer is a bit different, so keep an eye on your florets to make sure they don't burn. Also, don't skip on shaking the basket to help rotate the florets during the cooking process.
- Once florets are crispy and browned, enjoy right away.
The nutritional information is provided as an estimate only and may vary based on the product type, servings and other factors. If you are following a diet, please consult with a professional nutritionist or your doctor. Stay healthy!