This Easy Zucchini Salsa is the perfect addition to any summer spread. Quick to make, no cooking and loaded with fresh flavors.
Wait. You can eat zucchini raw?
Yes! It has a great crunch and mild flavor when eaten raw. The acid from the lime juice and tomatoes softens the zucchini slightly and gives it a wonderful texture. My husband says this salsa almost has a veggie ceviche vibe to it!
If you are a zucchini skeptic (or have one at home), I highly suggest making zucchini this way and you might change your mind. Remember, veggie-loading is all about finding ways to enjoy our vegetables….and there are so many ways to eat zucchini! Maybe this salsa will be your new a favorite summer veggie recipe!
The fresh flavor of zucchini goes so well in this summer salsa and is such a great way to enjoy those end-of-season squashes that are taking over your garden.
Ways to enjoy this Easy Zucchini Salsa.
Of course, scooping this fresh salsa up with chips is delicious (and classic), but there are many other ways to enjoy it too.
Spoon the salsa on top of grilled or roasted chicken, meat, or fish.
It’s also great on tacos, taco bowls, burritos, burgers, or even a salad.
Up the veggies in this salsa!
Let this zucchini salsa recipe be a jumping off point for you getting in those summer vegetables! Some other veggies to add to this recipe are…
- corn, either fresh, cooked, or defrosted from frozen, would be a great addition to this salsa.
- any kind of bell pepper
- jalapeños or other spicy peppers would add tons of flavor
- finely chopped garlic
- No onion? You can leave it out or use thinly sliced scallion instead.
- Use summer squash instead of zucchini. I find these summer veggies are very interchangeable in most recipes, so use whichever you have handy!
- Don’t like cilantro? You can use some chopped fresh parsley instead or leave out the herbs if you’d prefer.
Other veggie-loaded summer recipes you are going to love
- Pesto Veggie Pasta Salad
- Easy Greek-Inspired Quinoa Salad
- Zucchini Strawberry Overnight Oats
- 5-Minute Green Goddess Dip
- Easy Green Smoothie
Did you try this zucchini salsa recipe and now you’re hungry for more?
Easy Zucchini Salsa
- 1 medium zucchini (12-14 oz), trimmed and cut into 1/8-inch dice (about 3 cups)
- 4 large plum tomatoes or other large tomatoes, cut in half, seeds removed, and cut into 1/8-inch dice (about 3 cups)
- 1/3 cup finely chopped red or white onion
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon lime zest
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon salt or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- hot sauce to taste (optional)
- Add all ingredients to a large bowl. Stir to combine. Taste and add more salt or seasoning as needed.
- Salsa is best served within a few hours of making. As salsa sits, more liquid will release from the vegetables. You can drain off some of the juices if desired or enjoy it as is.
The nutritional information is provided as an estimate only and may vary based on the product type, servings and other factors. If you are following a diet, please consult with a professional nutritionist or your doctor. Stay healthy!