A super easy, super delicious dinner that is truly perfect for those hectic weeknights. Whole30 Lemon Chicken & Broccoli will have your whole family swooning with its bright and hearty flavors. So simple to throw together, enjoy it in its own glory or with a side of cauli rice, spiralized veggies or baked potato.
I am just going to say it….
I’m busy. You are busy. And while we don’t have a lot of time on our hands to be hanging out in the kitchen (especially on those tricky weeknights), we DO want to eat well and nourish our bodies. The balance AND the struggle is a real thing so many of us juggle every day.
But it IS possible. With a little planning. And prep. A few good recipes. And a handy dandy sheet pan.
Whole30 lemon chicken & broccoli
Yep. A sheet pan. Who knew a piece of flat piece of metal would be such a magical tool in getting complete and delicious dinners on the table in record time… all while keeping your kitchen sink relatively empty of dishes!
Yep, I love me a sheet pan meal and I have found that they are my go-to, tried-and-true easy dinner of choice… especially when I don’t want to cook!
And right now, I am making THIS gem of a recipe on constant rotation… Sheet-Pan Lemon Chicken & Broccoli.
Lemon is one of those personal flavors that you either like a lot of or just a hint. Adjust the amount of lemon zest and juice in this recipe to reflect your personal tastes and preferences!
Other healthy chicken recipes that you will enjoy…
- Ranch Chicken Spaghetti Squash Casserole
- Chicken Cauliflower Meatballs
- Instant Pot Salsa Chicken
- Healthy Easy Weeknight Dinners
Loving this sheet-pan lemon chicken & broccoli and hungry for more?
Sign up so that my newsletter is delivered straight to your inbox. And be sure to follow me on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram for all kinds of veggie-loaded living ideas!
Whole30 Lemon Chicken & Broccoli
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest divided
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder divided
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt divided (or to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil or melted coconut oil
- 1 pound chicken breasts cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 1/2 cups broccoli florets
- In a medium bowl, combine 1/2 tablespoon of lemon zest, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, 1 tablespoon oil, 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder, and black pepper. Whisk together until everything is incorporated.
- Add chicken to the bowl. Toss a few times until all chicken pieces are coated.
- Spread the coated chicken in an even layer on a large baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. Bake in a 400℉ oven for 10 minutes.
- While the chicken cooks, combine remaining salt, garlic power, oil, lemon juice and lemon zest in a medium bowl. Whisk to combine.
- Add broccoli to the bowl and toss a few times to coat.
- When the chicken is done cooking for 10 minutes, remove the sheet pan from the oven. Add the coated broccoli to the sheet pan with the chicken.
- Return the sheet pan to the oven. Bake for 10 more minutes or until chicken is done and no longer is pink in the middle.
- Enjoy immediately as is or serve with your favorite pasta, sprialized veggies, cauli rice, rice, quinoa or potatoes.
The nutritional information is provided as an estimate only and may vary based on the product type, servings and other factors. If you are following a diet, please consult with a professional nutritionist or your doctor. Stay healthy!
This was really good! At first it didn’t catch my eye because there’s not a lot going on visually but the flavor was delicious and bright. I had it over brown rice. Yum! Making this again!
I’m so glad you enjoyed it!
Like!! Thank you for publishing this awesome article.
Chicken and broccoli – what a delicious combo!