The smell of these less-mess One-Sheet Rosemary Baked Chicken & Sweet Potatoes cooking sends the whole family flocking to the kitchen to find out when dinner will be ready and the incredible flavors of the final dish do not disappoint.
Dinner has to be made
If you’ve been following me for a while, you know that I am right there in the trenches of crazy-busy-unpredictable life with y’all. I work full-time as a teacher, part-time with this little blog and am a whole-hearted mama and wife every waking moment. Life is beautiful for sure, but stupid busy a good chunk of time.
But no matter how wild life gets, dinner still has to get made. That is as sure as taxes and death. I used to resort to frozen dinners and takeout to get food on the table at the end of a nuts-o day (and don’t get me wrong, takeout still happens once in a while), but in my older and wiser and real food years, I have learned lots of tricks for getting a homemade dinner on the table much, much (read: much) easier.
Love for one-sheet meals
One of my favorite tricks to keeping sanity and real food both a part of my life are one-sheet, one-skillet, and one-pot meals. Seriously, guys. If you haven’t discovered the glory of one-pot/sheet/skillet meals, your mind is about to be blown.
One-something-or-other dishes are so amazing and busy-life-changing because they are all naturally easy, simple, and (here is my favorite part) create less dishes to do at the end of the day.
I really hate dishes. But doesn’t everyone? And real food cooking can make a boatload of them. But not with one-something-or-other recipes!
So my love of one-something-or-other meals was my main inspiration for this recipe. Truly, that was it. The need for more meals that made as few dishes as possible. It’s not a romantic story, but it is also the truth. Necessity is the mother of invention after all…..and I needed recipes that allowed me to do more home cooking with less mess. End of story.
Less-mess rosemary baked chicken
But, lucky for us all, this less-mess One-Sheet Rosemary Baked Chicken & Sweet Potatoes came out a-m-a-z-i-n-g. Drool inducing, actually. And it is easy and healthy to boot! It’s kind of a fairy tale dinner, if you will. Healthy meets delicious meets easy meets minimal dishes. And it is sure to become part of your regular dinner line-up
More chicken recipes to try
- Sheet Pan Greek Chicken & Veggies
- Sheet Pan Balsamic Chicken & Brussel Sprouts
- One-Sheet Pan Pesto Chicken & Summer Veggies
- Grain-Free Oven Baked Chicken Nuggets
- Slow Cooker Garlic Rosemary Whole Chicken
Enjoying this rosemary baked chicken?
If you are enjoying this recipe, sign up to receive my newsletter full of healthy and delicious recipes straight to your inbox. And be sure to follow me on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram for all kinds of veggie-loaded living ideas!
One-Sheet Rosemary Baked Chicken & Sweet Potatoes
- Preheat oven to 450 and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- In a medium bowl, combine the diced sweet potatoes, 1 1/2 Tablespoons of avocado oil, 1 Tablespoon rosemary, 1/4 teaspoon sea salt, 1/4 teaspoon garlic powered. Stir to coat the potato pieces in oil and spices.
- Spread potato pieces on your prepared baking sheet, making room for the chicken breasts.
- Next, arrange the chicken breasts in the empty spots on the baking sheet. Use a pastry brush to coat each breast with the remaining avocado oil. Sprinkle the remaining rosemary, sea salt, garlic powder and black pepper on.
- Bake for 25 -30 minutes or until potatoes are fork tender and chicken is cooked through, flipping potatoes once at half way point.
The nutritional information is provided as an estimate only and may vary based on the product type, servings and other factors. If you are following a diet, please consult with a professional nutritionist or your doctor. Stay healthy!
This post contains affiliate links, though all opinions are my own. When you purchase anything using my links, it costs you absolutely nothing extra, but it does kicks The Natural Nurturer a little financial love to keep doing what we do. Thank you for your continued support, both with your dollars and your interest