If you’ve been following me for a while, you know that I am right there in the trenches of crazy-busy-unpredictable life with y’all. I work full-time as a teacher, part-time with this little blog and am a whole-hearted mama and wife every waking moment. Life is beautiful for sure, but stupid busy a good chunk of time.
But no matter how wild life gets, dinner still has to get made. That is as sure as taxes and death. I used to resort to frozen dinners and takeout to get food on the table at the end of a nuts-o day (and don’t get me wrong, takeout still happens once in a while), but in my older and wiser and real food years, I have learned lots of tricks for getting a homemade dinner on the table much, much (read: much) easier.
One of my favorite tricks to keeping sanity and real food both a part of my life are one-sheet, one-skillet, and one-pot meals. Seriously, guys. If you haven’t discovered the glory of one-pot/sheet/skillet meals, your mind is about to be blown. One-something-or-other dishes are so amazing and busy-life-changing because they are all naturally easy, simple, and (here is my favorite part) create less dishes to do at the end of the day.
I really hate dishes. But doesn’t everyone? And real food cooking can make a boatload of them. But not with one-something-or-other recipes!
So my love of one-something-or-other meals was my main inspiration for this recipe. Truly, that was it. The need for more meals that made as few dishes as possible. It’s not a romantic story, but it is also the truth. Necessity is the mother of invention after all…..and I needed recipes that allowed me to do more home cooking with less mess. End of story.
But, lucky for us all, this less-mess One-Sheet Rosemary Baked Chicken & Sweet Potatoes came out a-m-a-z-i-n-g. Drool inducing, actually. The smell of it cooking sends the whole family flocking to the kitchen to find out when dinner will be ready and the incredible flavors of the final dish do not disappoint. And it is easy and healthy to boot! It’s kind of a fairy tale dinner, if you will. Healthy meets delicious meets easy meets minimal dishes. And it is sure to become part of your regular dinner line-up
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, washed and diced
- 2 pounds chicken breasts, cut in half if breasts are extra thick
- 2 1/2 Tablespoons avocado oil, divided
- 2 Tablespoon fresh minced rosemary, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 450 and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- In a medium bowl, combine the diced sweet potatoes, 1 1/2 Tablespoons of avocado oil, 1 Tablespoon rosemary, 1/4 teaspoon sea salt, 1/4 teaspoon garlic powered. Stir to coat the potato pieces in oil and spices.
- Spread potato pieces on your prepared baking sheet, making room for the chicken breasts.
- Next, arrange the chicken breasts in the empty spots on the baking sheet. Use a pastry brush to coat each breast with the remaining avocado oil. Sprinkle the remaining rosemary, sea salt, garlic powder and black pepper on .
- Bake for 25 -30 minutes or until potatoes are fork tender and chicken is cooked through, flipping potatoes once at half way point.
Make sure you stay up to date with all of the happenings here on The Natural Nurturer and subscribe here.
This post contains affiliate links, though all opinions are my own. When you purchase anything using my links, it costs you absolutely nothing extra, but it does kicks The Natural Nurturer a little financial love to keep doing what we do. Thank you for your continued support, both with your dollars and your interest