These Healthy Muffins for Kids are not only delicious and easy to make for breakfast, but also work great as a healthy snack or lunch option! All of these recipes are made from simple, healthy ingredients and are easy to make. Perfect for meal prep or to quickly make one morning before school.
I am pretty muffin obsessed. If you are a long time TNN follower, this is something you 100% already know about me. And the funny thing is…so many of you are muffin-obsessed right there along with me.
Why muffins are an awesome healthy option for kids
- They can be made to fit different eating styles or dietary needs. Whether your family eats gluten free, vegan, egg-free, Paleo or something in between or none of the above….there are amazing healthy and easy muffin recipes out there to help you feed your family the way you need/want to.
- They can be quick and easy to make. Because they are portioned out for baking, they cook up considerably faster than a loaf. All of the muffins recipes below are either made in a blender or in one bowl. Because no one has time for dishes either!
- Perfectly portioned out. I love that muffins come out already in their perfect serving size! Easy to throw into a lunch box or to store in your fridge until the hungry children (or adults) come looking. They are just as easy to store as they are to bake!
- Lunch box friendly. I love adding a healthy muffin to my family’s lunches. They are the perfect size to fit into those little lunch boxes and I feel good that I am sending them off with something healthy to eat.
- Great for taking on-the-go. Because they are perfectly portioned out, they are easy to throw into a diaper bag or purse or backpack to take with you for an on-the-go snack or breakfast! The perfect way to keep the hangries at bay while doing errands or a fun family adventure.
- Easy to make ahead of time and store. I love to whip up a batch of healthy muffins during the weekend and store the leftovers for quick and easy meals during the week! It makes the hectic weekdays a little easier come meal time…especially in the morning when I haven’t finished my coffee yet!
How to get your kids involved in the kitchen!
Involving your children in the cooking and baking process can be a total game changer for helping them be excited about healthy and new foods! My daughter has been helping me in the kitchen since she was old enough to sit on the counter and hold a wooden spoon. While it wasn’t always easy (or quick or clean) to involve her in the cooking process, it made her feel invested in the food she was about to eat…and ultimately excited and proud to eat it (and share it with the family!). It also taught her great independence in the kitchen and, as she gets older, she is able to do more food prep on her own!
Check out my article 5 Steps for Getting Your Kids Involved in the Kitchen for ideas on how to involve your child at different ages in the cooking process!
Healthy Muffins for Kids recipes
Don’t knock their green goodness until you try it! These veggie-packed muffins are super kid-approved, super easy to make in your blender and are naturally gluten and dairy-free!
Another easy peasy muffin to make, these beauties are loaded with healthy sweet potato and rock a delicious peanut butter flavor. You are going to be amazed at their spongy texture without having any flour in them!
These healthy lunch box muffins are super easy to make and add so much goodness to any meal or snack! Naturally gluten free, packed with vegetables and naturally sweetened, they can easily be made nut free, dairy-free and egg-free.
These Chocolate Chip Zucchini Muffins are silly easy to make in your blender and beyond delicious. Loaded with veggies and studded with chocolate. So, basically they are pretty much the best thing ever! Oh! And they are naturally gluten free, dairy-free and can be easily made nut-free.
Healthy enough for a muffin. Chocolatey enough to be a cupcake. These muffins are a delicious little way to serve up something sweet that also fuels your body on nothing but the good stuff! Perfect for lunch boxes since they are nut free or as a healthy cupcake alternative for celebrations!
One bowl and 7 squeaky clean ingredients is all that stands between you and these easy peasy muffins. Sweetened by nature and serving up some serious healthy fat and protein, these muffins are the perfect thing to start the day off right or to keep on hand for a healthy snack! Naturally Paleo, gluten free and dairy-free!
These Egg-Free Carrot Apple Muffins are everything. Super soft, super wonderful and they pretty much melt in your mouth. Full of flavor and easy to make in your blender! Naturally gluten free and vegan.
A little bit of fun mixed with healthy in this muffin recipe for kids! Mixed entirely in one bowl, this will get the kids excited for breakfast for sure!
These One-Bowl Paleo Lemon Muffins are so easy to make in one bowl and are so delicious! These healthy muffins for kids are gluten free, dairy free, and refined sugar free- they make a great breakfast, snack or dessert.
Another fun way to serve up veggies in a bite-sized goodie that can double as breakfast or a healthy dessert. These mini muffins are naturally Paleo!
These Almond Butter Blueberry Zucchini Muffins are easy, fluffy, and so delicious! Paleo, gluten free, dairy free, but no one will be able to tell!
A delicious, veggie-loaded treat, these muffin are going to dazzle your tastebuds! They are not only loaded up with with nutrient dense carrots, almonds and other squeaky clean ingredients, but these surprisingly fluffy and soft muffins are naturally gluten free and dairy-free!
Mixed in one bowl, these bite-sized muffins are perfect for little hands!
Just a few simple, wholesome ingredients and a blender are needed for healthy muffin recipe for kids. Whiz it up, and you’ll have homemade muffins in no time!