These Healthy Muffins for Kids are not only delicious and easy to make for breakfast, but also work great as a healthy snack or lunch option! All of these recipes are made from simple, healthy ingredients and are easy to make. Perfect for meal prep or to quickly make one morning before school.
Kid-friendly muffin recipes
I am pretty muffin obsessed. If you are a long time TNN follower, this is something you 100% already know about me. And the funny thing is…so many of you are muffin-obsessed right there along with me.
Why muffins are an awesome healthy option for kids?
- They can be made to fit different eating styles or dietary needs. Whether your family eats gluten free, vegan, egg-free, Paleo or something in between or none of the above….there are amazing healthy and easy muffin recipes out there to help you feed your family the way you need/want to.
- They can be quick and easy to make. Because they are portioned out for baking, they cook up considerably faster than a loaf. All of the muffins recipes below are either made in a blender or in one bowl. Because no one has time for dishes either!
- Perfectly portioned out. I love that muffins come out already in their perfect serving size! Easy to throw into a lunch box or to store in your fridge until the hungry children (or adults) come looking. They are just as easy to store as they are to bake!
- Lunch box friendly. I love adding a healthy muffin to my family’s lunches. They are the perfect size to fit into those little lunch boxes and I feel good that I am sending them off with something healthy to eat.
- Great for taking on-the-go. Because they are perfectly portioned out, they are easy to throw into a diaper bag or purse or backpack to take with you for an on-the-go snack or breakfast! The perfect way to keep the hangries at bay while doing errands or a fun family adventure.
- Easy to make ahead of time and store. I love to whip up a batch of healthy muffins during the weekend and store the leftovers for quick and easy meals during the week! It makes the hectic weekdays a little easier come meal time…especially in the morning when I haven’t finished my coffee yet!
How to get your kids involved in the kitchen?
Involving your children in the cooking and baking process can be a total game changer for helping them be excited about healthy and new foods! My daughter has been helping me in the kitchen since she was old enough to sit on the counter and hold a wooden spoon.
While it wasn’t always easy (or quick or clean) to involve her in the cooking process, it made her feel invested in the food she was about to eat…and ultimately excited and proud to eat it (and share it with the family!). It also taught her great independence in the kitchen and, as she gets older, she is able to do more food prep on her own!
Check out my article 5 Steps for Getting Your Kids Involved in the Kitchen for ideas on how to involve your child at different ages in the cooking process!
Healthy Muffin Recipes for Kids
- Oatmeal Green Smoothie Muffins
- Sweet Potato Peanut Butter Muffins
- Healthy Lunch Box Muffins
- Chocolate Chip Zucchini Muffins
- Healthy Chocolate Muffins (with butternut squash)
- Apple Cinnamon Almond Butter Muffins
- Egg-Free Carrot Apple Muffins
- Savory Vegetable Muffins
- Healthy Carrot Pumpkin Muffins
- Paleo Lemon Muffins
- Mini Butternut Squash Blueberry Muffins
- Vegan Carrot Muffins (with lentils)
- Paleo Carrot Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Veggie-Loaded Chocolate Muffins
- Almond Butter Blueberry Zucchini Muffins
Other kid-friendly recipes you are going to enjoy…
- Kid-Friendly Pink Beet Pancakes
- Veggie-Loaded Kid-friendly Waffles
- Kid-Friendly Vegetable Soup
- Kid-Friendly Pink Beet Smoothie