Veggie-Loaded Chicken Bites
These Veggie-Loaded Chicken Bites aren’t just easy to make, but they are super delicious and a healthy addition to dinner! Done in about 30 minutes, they are family-friendly, gluten free, Paleo and Whole30.
Return to routine
I think we are all getting back into the swing of life. Summer is coming to an end and the season of fall not only brings the return of school, but the return of routine and schedules to many!
My husband said it best last week, as our entire family flopped onto the couch on Friday evening, whipped from the week.
“We have a return-to-routine hangover,” he said, sprawled out next to me (and the dog). Our daughter had pretty much face planted into the pillows at the far end of the couch and I was sandwiched between everyone…wondering if I truly had to get up and make dinner.
We had just finished our first week back-to-school (for my husband and daughter) and we were feeling the hustle and bustle…hard. As tempting as it was in our exhaustion to order a pizza or make PB sandwiches for dinner (which, both by the way, have their time and their place), I peeled myself off the couch, determined to make an easy, veggie-loaded dinner for us.
Upon opening my fridge, I saw the makings for these veggie-loaded chicken bites staring back at me. I had made the earlier in the week and they were a hit. Such a hit, in fact, that the leftovers had doubled as lunchbox fillings for them the next day!
And since these veggie-loaded chicken bites are full of vegetables, I felt good that a healthy dinner could come together without me having to fill my sink with dishes (that I didn’t want to do) or stressing myself out.
These puppies were thrown together in a few minutes and cooked to perfection while I got some fruit and a quick salad together to finish off the meal. Easy peasy, super healthy, and family-approved…just how I like it!
Wondering how to store your carrots so they stay fresh as long as possible? Check out my post on How to Keep Cut Carrots Fresh and get the most out of your produce buck!
Suggested adaptions for making veggie-loaded chicken bites
- Make them with ground turkey instead! Both are very interchangeable with one another in recipes!
- Use more of one veggie and less (or none) of another! Modify this recipe to fit your family’s personal taste preferences or to use what you have on hand! If your crew doesn’t like spinach, skip it and add a little more zucchini or carrot.
- Bake them instead. Pop them into a 400℉ oven for 20ish minutes (or until cooked through).
- Make them into burgers!
Other veggie-loaded recipes you will love…
- Glorious Green Veggie Chicken Burgers
- Healthy & Easy Turkey Burgers
- Instant Pot Salsa & Spinach Shredded Chicken
- Chicken & Cauliflower Meatballs
Loving the veggie-loaded chicken bites and hungry for more?
Veggie-Loaded Chicken Bites
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1 cup grated zucchini
- 1 cup grated carrot
- 1/2 cup finely chopped spinach, loosely packed
- 1/4 cup minced onion
- 1/2 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 3/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- black pepper to taste
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- oil for cooking
- Take shredded zucchini and put it in the middle of a clean dish towel or large piece of paper towel. Wrap up the zucchini with towel squeeze a few times to help drain out some of the zucchini’s moisture.
- In a large bowl, combine drained zucchini and remaining ingredients except oil. Using clean hands or a spoon, mix until well combined.
- Form into bites and set aside
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Cook bites until a golden-brown crust starts to form and chicken is cooked through, about 5 minutes per side
- Enjoy warm and with your favorite dipping sauce. Allow leftovers to cool completely and store in an air-tight container in fridge for 4-5 days
- No chicken? Make them with ground turkey instead!
- Use more of one veggie and less (or none) of another!
- You can bake these chicken bites
- Or turn them into burgers – so good!