Grain-Free Cauliflower & Broccoli Biscuits
These Grain-Free Cauliflower & Broccoli Biscuits will become a surprising regular in your house! Super easy to mix in your food processor, loaded with all kinds of veggie-goodness, and so tasty that my 5-year-old couldn’t keep her hands off of them. The perfect healthy accompaniment to any meal!
You guys know me. If I can add a veggie to something, I do it.
Truth be told, I really love a good hidden veggie recipe. Not just for my daughter, but for me! I am such a strong believer in the importance and benefits of eating oodles and oodles of plant goodness. However, I struggle to find ways to get all those veggies into my diet in ways that don’t feel monotonous. Recipes that are loaded with veggies help me feel like I am getting a hearty helping of vegetables but in interesting, new and even exciting ways.
I guess I am just a big kid at heart. I know to eat my veggies, but I still have to trick myself into eating them sometimes. Which is exactly why I started making these Grain-Free Cauliflower & Broccoli Biscuits!
If you’ve never made homemade biscuits, you might be fearing that this recipe is going to be complicated or time consuming. But if you know me, you know that is not how I roll. If a recipe isn’t easy and relatively quick, I don’t make it.
Making these Grain-Free Cauliflower & Broccoli Biscuits is as easy as combining all of the ingredients in your food processor and blending them up. They are primarily made with cauliflower and broccoli, making them loaded with all the plant goodness that we want to bring more of tot he dinner table, yet are surprisingly soft and definitely flavorful. So flavorful. Seriously, there is nothing boring about these veggies.
Truly, there is nothing fancy or complicated about it but this recipe is seriously going to blow your mind with how tasty and kid-friendly it is. My daughter could hardly keep her hands off of them long enough for me to take pictures of them (which is why you will notice her little paws in several of the images (mom life). If that is not a winning review, then I don’t know what is.
Serve these biscuits as a bonus veggie-serving at dinner, as a way to get some veggie action in at breakfast, as a healthy lunch box friendly filler or even use them as replacement for traditional hamburger buns or sliced bread. There are so many ways these Grain-Free Cauliflower & Broccoli Biscuits will fit into your menu and make real food in real life a bit easier.
Makes 16 small biscuits
- 1 1/2 cups “riced”* cauliflower
- 1 1/2 cups “riced”* broccoli
- 3 eggs
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 1/4 cup almond meal
- 2 tablespoon coconut flour
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon aluminum-free baking powder
*you can “rice” cauliflower and broccoli by running the florets through your food processor with the “S” blade until they have a crumbly consistency and resemble rice in appearance. Alternatively, you can buy both cauliflower and broccoli already “riced” in the produce section of Trader Joe’s.
- Preheat oven to 400 F and line two large baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats.
- While the oven heats, combine all ingredients in a food processor. Blend until all ingredients are incorporated and broccoli/cauliflower is finely chopped. The mixture may seem a bit wet, but should have a paste-like consistency and be able to be formed into balls when it is ready.
- Using a rounded tablespoon, portion the biscuits out. Form the mixture into balls in your hands and arrange them on the line baking sheet, slightly flattening them with the palm of your hand.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the biscuits start to turn a slightly golden brown on top.
- Allow them to cool for 10 minutes before enjoying and store the leftovers in fridge for up to 4 days.
Inspired by Lexi’s Clean Kitchen
MAKE SURE YOU STAY UP TO DATE WITH ALL OF THE HAPPENINGS HERE ON THE NATURAL NURTURER AND SUBSCRIBE HERE.
This post contains affiliate links, though all opinions are my own. When you purchase anything using my links, it costs you absolutely nothing extra, but it does kicks The Natural Nurturer a little financial love to keep doing what we do. Thank you for your continued support, both with your dollars and your interest