Veggie-Loaded Avocado Tuna Salad is easy, delicious and perfect for lunch or dinner. Healthy, packed with veggies, simple and quick to make!
Veggies veggies everywhere!
That’s kind of my motto for cooking and eating…in case you guys hadn’t caught onto that. If I can add a veggie to something (or two or three veggies), in going to do it!
So it was only a matter of time before tuna salad felt my veggifying wrath!
The result is this delicious veggie-filled avocado tuna salad that is the perfect no-cook meal for a hot summer night (aka every night as of late).
This salad is so quick to make (literally, it took me 7 minutes (yes, I timed myself)), full of healthy fats, protein, and oodles of nutrient dense veggies.
I have found it to be super kid friendly, as my daughter loves tuna sandwiches!
A few added specks of green and orange didn’t detour her from her sandwich and I was glad to get a few bonus veggies into her little belly.
The added lemon juice helps to keep the avocado from oxidizing (which makes it easier on the eyes) as well as adding a lovely zesty flavor to the salad. I love making this salad for a quick, no-cook dinner that I can feel good about serving my family.
This salad is lovely over a bed of greens, in a sandwich, or straight out of the bowl (my favorite). Its naturally Whole30 compliant, Paleo, mayo-free, dairy-free, and oh-so delicious. It will become your go-to quick meal!
Other salad recipes that you will love…
Loving this avocado tuna salad?
Veggie-Loaded Avocado Tuna Salad
- 2 5oz cans tuna, drained and broken up with a fork (this is the brand I use)
- 1 cup shredded carrot (about 1 large carrot)
- 1 big handful baby spinach, finely chopped
- 3 ripe avocados, peeled and pitted
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- In a medium bowl, mash the avocado until it is free of all chunks. Add the lemon juice to the bowl and mash to combine. The lemon juice will help slow the avocado from browning, though it will not entirely prevent it.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the bowl. Stir until all ingredients are evenly distributed throughout. Enjoy immediately or store leftovers in an air-tight container for up to 2 days.
The nutritional information is provided as an estimate only and may vary based on the product type, servings and other factors. If you are following a diet, please consult with a professional nutritionist or your doctor. Stay healthy!
This post contains affiliate links, though all opinions are my own. When you purchase anything using my links, it costs you absolutely nothing extra, but it does kicks The Natural Nurturer a little financial love to keep doing what we do. Thank you for your continued support, both with your dollars and your interest