“I just….don’t want to cook….”
Do those words ever enter your head around dinner time? Yeah, me too. Typically after a long day where I’ve had to be on my toes for hours. Adulting is exhausting and it super tempting to hit the drive thru or call for delivery on those tiring days to make dinner happen. Especially when you have a hungry tribe of family members invading the kitchen to find out what/when dinner is.
But, let’s be honest now…and we’re all friends here, after all….that drive-thru and delivery food is a waste of money and doesn’t nourish anyone’s body nearly as well (or at all) as something you make at home. Home cooking doesn’t have to be fancy or complicated to be amazing….taste AND nourishment wise! Let’s keep it simple and healthy and make this Simple Turmeric Egg Salad.
Turmeric, known for is amazing natural anti-inflammatory proprieties, adds a wonderful punch of flavor and color to your typical egg salad. With a little added veggie and a really good mayo, dinner will never be more satisfying for your body or soul. Plus, leftovers to boot make lunch for tomorrow even more of a motivation to peel yourself off the couch and get into the kitchen to boil a few eggs and make this salad part of your life.
Makes 4 servings
- 8 hard boiled eggs
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1/3 cup good quality mayo (I suggest this brand)
- 3/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt, or to taste
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, or to taste
- Peel hard boiled eggs and roughly chop.
- Combine chopped eggs in a medium bowl with all remaining ingredients.
- Stir to combine. Taste for salt and pepper and add more if desired. Stir again.
- Enjoy on your favorite bread, salad or with simply as is.
- Store leftovers in fridge for up to 3 days.
MAKE SURE YOU STAY UP TO DATE WITH ALL OF THE HAPPENINGS HERE ON THE NATURAL NURTURER AND SUBSCRIBE HERE.
This post contains affiliate links, though all opinions are my own. When you purchase anything using my links, it costs you absolutely nothing extra, but it does kicks The Natural Nurturer a little financial love to keep doing what we do. Thank you for your continued support, both with your dollars and your interest
Do you use the powdered mustard in the spice cabinet or the stuff in the fridge? Thanks!
I use the stuff I have kicking around in my fridge!