This Chocolate Maple Pecan Pie is decadent, rich, and the perfect medley of a few of my favorite things: chocolate, maple, and nuts. You can only eat one small slice, but you will want to lick the dish clean. It really is that good.
I think this pie is the reason my husband married me…..
This pie. Let me tell you about this pie.
It is the perfect medley of a few of my favorite things: chocolate, maple, and nuts. You can only eat one small slice, but you will want to lick the dish clean. It really is that good.
Why This Pie?
So, why is a healthy lifestyle blogger sharing a recipe for something that is so clearly full of sugar without a whisper of fruit or veggies?
Well, other than the fact that Thanksgiving here in the States is just days away and I am confident a few Thanksgiving spreads would benefit from the addition of this pie, it is also because I want to express an important message that many people forget during the celebration of the holidays:
A healthy lifestyle is not about being perfect all the time. It is about eating clean, quality foods and being active most of the time so that when you are not perfect, it impacts your health less.
I want all of you to really internalize that idea as you go off to the homes of family and friends to celebrate love and togetherness. Health is about finding balance.
And a beautiful meal made with love, generosity, and good intention should never have someone turn their nose up to it because it might not be organic or 100% prepared the way you would do it yourself.
This holiday season, focus on graditude and enjoying in moderation.
So yeah, that pie recipe…..
Other Delicious Recipes You’ll Love
Enjoying This Chocolate Maple Pecan Pie?
If you are enjoying this recipe, sign up to receive my newsletter full of healthy and delicious recipes straight to your inbox. And be sure to follow me on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram for all kinds of veggie-loaded living ideas!
Chocolate Maple Pecan Pie
- 3 eggs
- ⅓ cup 100% pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups whole pecans
- ½ cup organic dark chocolate chips
Whole Wheat Crust
- 1 ½ cups whole wheat flour
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ cup melted coconut oil
- ¼ cup milk (I used almond milk)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a mixer, combine crust ingredients and mix on low for a few moments. Once well combined, form a ball with the dough. If it is still too dry and crumbly, add a splash more of milk to the mixture. Press evenly into the bottom and along sides of a pie pan. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, coconut sugar, sea salt, and melted coconut oil. Once mixed very well, fold in peans and chocolate chips.
- Pour into the unbaked pie crust and bake for 45 minutes or until it doesn’t jiggle in the middle.
- Allow to cool 20-30 minutes before serving. Enjoy warm, cold, or at room tempature.
The nutritional information is provided as an estimate only and may vary based on the product type, servings and other factors. If you are following a diet, please consult with a professional nutritionist or your doctor. Stay healthy!