Pumpkin Pie Smoothie
This easy Pumpkin Pie Smoothie is the perfect breakfast for when you want that pumpkin spice fix! Made in minutes in your blender and full of good-for-for-you ingredients! Easily made vegan, dairy-free and Paleo.Jump to Recipe
Published on October 29, 2014. Updated October 15, 2020.
Healthy Pumpkin Pie Smoothie
My daughter has been obsessed with pumpkins since her first glimpse of a makeshift pumpkin patch that popped up along side the highway we take home each day. Since that first sighting at the end of August, she would ask with anticipation the entirety of each drive if the pumpkins were coming up.
Once they were in sight, my girl would squeal with joy and say “Hi Pumpkins! I love you!” in her tiny human voice. It is because of this pumpkin obsession that we have painted, displayed, baked, roasted, chopped, sautéed, and now smoothied (that is totally a word, people) pumpkins for almost 2 months straight in my household.
While I certainly cannot complain about all the orange glory taking over my home, I do wonder how well my daughter will take it when pumpkin season comes to an end and that roadside pumpkin patch disappears. We may have to get her a pet reindeer to soften the blow.
Why this pumpkin pie smoothie is amazing….
- Minimal ingredients. Just 6! Homemade doesn’t get much simpler than that!
- Made in minutes in your blender.
- No cooking required! It is still hot most days here in San Diego, so the taste of fall without having turn on my oven. This pumpkin pie smoothie wins so much!
- Adaptable. Easy to make fit your taste and your family’s unique needs. Check out the “suggested adaptations” portion below for ideas.
- Naturally sweetened with just a ripe banana.
Homemade pumpkin pie spice
Pumpkin pie spice is the blend of spices that are commonly used together to give pumpkin pie that warm fall flavor that many of us have come to love and look for in pumpkin recipes. And this pumpkin pie smoothie is rocking it too!
Pumpkin pie spice can usually be found with all the other spices in your local grocery store. If you can’t find it or just want to make your own, pumpkin pie spice can easily be made with spices you likely already have at home.
Here is my personal blend for homemade pumpkin pie spice
- 4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
Combine in a jar with a lid. Secure the lid on top, shake to mix everything up and enjoy in this recipe. Plus, you will have leftovers to enjoy in your next pumpkin creation!
- Make it vegan and Paleo by using your favorite plant based milk.
- Replace the bananas with extra pitted dates and some ice cubs
- Up the veggies by adding spinach, frozen cauliflower or even ripe avocado!
- Up the sweetness by adding a little maple syrup or honey.
- Add healthy fat by adding a tablespoon of your favorite nut butter.
- Add your favorite protein powder. I like to use collagen peptides as my protein powder since it is simple. This is my favorite brand. (affiliate link)
Other easy and delicious smoothie recipes
- Easy Green Smoothie for kids
- Green Grinch Smoothies
- Healthy Peanut Butter Chocolate Smoothie (with greens!)
- Chocolate Banana Smoothie (with veggies)
- Vitamin C Immune Boosting Smoothie
- Blueberry Spinach Smoothie
Pumpkin Pie Smoothie
- 1 ripe bananas, frozen , if not frozen, add a handful of ice cubes to the smoothie
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup milk of choice
- 2 pitted dates, or more, depending on how sweet you want it. optional
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla, optional
- Combine ingredients in blender and blend until smooth.
- Add more milk if needed for a thinner smoothie or ice cubes for a thicker. If sweeter smoothie is desired, add more banana or dates. Blend again.
- Enjoy immediately.