These Paleo banana blueberry muffins are the perfect easy breakfast or snack. Mixed in one bowl, these healthy muffins are fluffy, moist and naturally sweetened. Gluten-free and dairy-free.
Originally published August 31, 2015. Last updated February 22, 2021.
Muffins. There can never be enough muffin recipes in the world. And I’m about to throw one more stellar recipe into the mix.
I’m not sure if you all know this, but in my house, muffins are kind of a big deal. It might sound silly, but we are a foodie family and muffins rank in the top 5 of our favorite things to chow down on.
Why these Paleo muffins are so good
Perfect for on the go! Muffins are this lovely, compact food that can morph into basically whatever you want them to be. They can be breakfast. Or a can be portable snack. Or they can be a great addition to a snacky lunch or even dessert. The possible ways and times to eat muffins are endless and my family deeply embraces this challenge.
Easy to make. Mixed up in one bowl and into the oven they go! It will take you about 10 minutes to get these banana blueberry muffins ready for baking.
Grain-free, gluten-free, dairy-free, and naturally sweetened.
Soft and moist. You’ll be shocked that they are Paleo muffins since they have such a light texture.
Tips for the best paleo banana blueberry muffin
- Make sure your blueberries are dry before adding them to the batter. Paleo baking is a delicate balance, so if your blueberries are really wet, the added moisture could throw off the texture of these blueberry banana muffins.
- Use a banana that is ripe. In fact, or best results, the riper the banana, the better! You’ll know it is perfect if your banana is brown and spotty. Why? As bananas ripen they get sweeter and softer, making them perfect for baking!
- Let the muffins cool for at least 20 minutes. I know it’ll be tempting to eat one straight from the oven, but these banana blueberry muffins will continue to bake even after they are removed from the oven and will firm up as they sit.
- Use parchment paper muffin liners. I love this brand and find they are the best for easy peeling muffin liners. Another great (no waste) option is silicone muffin liners.
- Do not swap out or sub ingredients. I try to make recipes that are adaptable, but Paleo baking is a science and swapping out flours or other ingredients will totally change the end result.
- Fill muffin compartments 3/4 of the way full.
How to store these Paleo muffins
An airtight container in your refrigerator is going to keep these banana blueberry muffins fresher longer and prevent molding.
Or, you can freeze these muffins. They freeze really well, so they are great for stocking up your freezer with. Throw these Paleo muffins in a large freezer bag or freezer-safe large container and into the freezer they go.
To defrost, I like to take them out of the freezer and leave them on the counter to thaw overnight.
Other Paleo muffin recipes
- One-Bowl Carrot Paleo Muffins
- Paleo Banana Muffins
- Chocolate Zucchini Paleo Muffins
- Paleo Almond Butter Blueberry Zucchini Muffins
- Lemon Paleo Muffins
- Healthy Chocolate Muffins (with butternut squash)
- Chocolate Chip Paleo Pumpkin Muffins
- Apple Cinnamon Paleo Muffins
Loving these banana blueberry muffins and hungry for more?
Paleo Banana Blueberry Muffins
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil or melted coconut oil
- 1/2 cup mashed banana about 1 medium ripe banana
- 2 eggs room temperature
- 1/3 cup maple syrup or honey
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1/3 cup tapioca flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2/3 cup blueberries washed and dried
- Preheat your oven to 350º F and line a muffin tin with 9 liners.
- In a medium bowl, combine oil, eggs, maple syrup/honey, vanilla, and mashed banana. Mix together.
- Add remaining ingredients except blueberries. Stir until batter is smooth.
- Add blueberries to the bowl and fold in.
- Portion out the batter between the lined muffin holes.
- Bake for 22-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle of a muffin comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 20 minutes before enjoying. Store leftovers in fridge for up to 4 days.
The nutritional information is provided as an estimate only and may vary based on the product type, servings and other factors. If you are following a diet, please consult with a professional nutritionist or your doctor. Stay healthy!