Paleo Lemon Breakfast Cookies
These Paleo Lemon Breakfast Cookies are easy to make and so delicious! Vegan and egg-free, these cookies will keep you full and dazzle your taste buds! The perfect healthy breakfast recipe! Gluten free, grain free, refined sugar free.
Breakfast cookies, you say?
Um, cookies for breakfast? Yes, please!
Now don’t freak out and think I’m suggesting that you eat an Oreo for breakfast (though we all did that at least once during our college days).
These little tasty nuggets are a cross between a cookie and a scone. A scookie? A cone? Let’s just stick with breakfast cookie.
Ways to enjoy these
Whatever you want to call it, they are tasty little buggers that are travel-sized and go great with a cup of coffee. Yet, I think I would also be able to pass them off as a dessert at any potluck without a complaint.
You can’t go wrong with lemon poppy seed anything when it comes to baked goods.
Even better news. These breakfast cookies are gluten free, grain free, vegan, and refined sugar free. They are mixed entirely in your food processor (high five for fewer dishes!) and are done start to finish in about 30 minutes.
Pros to lemon breakfast cookies
So, let’s tally the pros to these poppyseed lemon breakfast cookies:
- better for you than a Krispy Kreme…by A LOT
- soft like a scone, delish like a cookie
- 1 dish dirtied = as good as it gets
- done fore you can finish your morning coffee
- easy peasy lemon squeezey (put wholeheartedly intended)
Guys, I’m not really seeing any reason why you shouldn’t be already baking these. Recipe! Here! Go!
Other breakfast recipes you’ll enjoy
- Whole30 Breakfast Recipes
- Sweet Potato Breakfast Hash
- Breakfast Pumpkin Soufflé
- Vegetarian Breakfast Casserole
Enjoying these lemon breakfast cookies?
If you are enjoying this recipe, sign up to receive my newsletter full of healthy and delicious recipes straight to your inbox. And be sure to follow me on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram for all kinds of veggie-loaded living ideas!
Paleo Lemon Breakfast Cookies
- 2 tablespoons flax meal
- 6 tablespoons warm water
- 2 ¼ cups almond meal
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- 5 dates, pitted
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- ⅓ cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons poppyseeds
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F and line two baking sheets with either parchment paper or silicone baking mats.
- Combine warm water and and flax meal in your food processor. Pulse once to mix and allow 5 minutes for the mixture to “gel”.
- Add the dates to the food processor. Blend for 30-60 seconds or until the dates are well chopped (your food processor may shake a bit at first but should stop after a second or two).
- After the 5 minutes, add the remaining ingredients to the food processor. Blend until the batter is smooth (you may have to scrape down the sides a few times).
- Using a small cookie scoop or a rounded tablespoon, scoop batter onto the lined baking sheets. Using wet hands, gently flatten the cookie mounds. Bake for 20 minutes or until edges are slightly brown.
- Enjoy warm, store in fridge up to a week, or freeze.
- These breakfast cookies are gluten free, grain free, vegan, and refined sugar free.
- They are mixed entirely in your food processor (high five for fewer dishes!) and are done start to finish in about 30 minutes.