Banana Chocolate Chip Energy Balls are a quick, easy peasy and delicious ways to fuel up when hunger strikes or to appease a pestering sweet tooth. Make a batch now and store them in your fridge or freezer for a grab-and-go snack or to bring to a gathering to share!
A note from Taesha
If there has ever been a ray of sunshine and positivity in the blogging world, it is Kelsey from Little Bits of Real Food.
Kelsey is the brilliant blogger behind Sweet Potato Toast (true story) and her blog (and Instagram stories) is one of my favorite blogs to hit when I need some inspiration or just a good laugh.
I adore her balanced approach to real food eating and her recipes are always on a new level of awesome.
I’m dazzled that Kelsey is my guest blogger today on The Natural Nurturer. And she is generously sharing her recipe for these drool-worthy Banana Chocolate Chip Energy Balls.
I am so excited to be guest posting on The Natural Nurturer today! Taesha is such a light in this blogging world – but if you are here you probably know that! I can’t wait for you guys to see the fun work Taesha is putting together for you now. But in the meantime, it’s time for some energy balls!
I absolutely love whipping up a batch of energy balls whenever I have time and always keep them in the freezer. My base is always dates and almond flour, then I add in new flavors and dried fruits to mix it up.
Banana and chocolate flavor combo
Today I threw in banana chips and a mini chocolate chips to make one of my favorite flavor combos. I don’t know about you but I am a huge lover of chocolate covered frozen bananas. So freezing these energy balls reminds me of that!
These energy balls are perfect for anytime of the day – to go with your breakfast, to have post workout, or even as a delicious dessert!
I hope you guys make it and love it. And be sure to check out my site Little Bits Of Real Food for more fun and clean treats like this!
Other healthy snacks you’ll enjoy
- No-Bake Chocolate Chip Cookie Bites (Paleo)
- No-Bake Peanut Butter Carrot Balls
- Flourless Chocolate Chip Banana Breakfast Cookies
- Cinnamon Zucchini Banana Muffins
- Sweet Potato Peanut Butter Balls
Enjoying these banana chocolate chip energy balls?
If you are enjoying this recipe, sign up to receive my newsletter full of healthy and delicious recipes straight to your inbox. And be sure to follow me on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram for all kinds of veggie-loaded living ideas!
Banana Chocolate Chip Energy Balls
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 8 pitted medjool dates
- 1 heaping cup banana chips
- 1-2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- In a food processor combine almond flour, dates and banana chips and blend until finely ground.
- Add in 1 tablespoon of water, vanilla and salt and check consistency to make sure it can stick together into balls. If it is too dry still add a bit more water.
- Add in chocolate chips and pulse a few times just to combine.
- Scoop and roll into balls and store in the freezer or refrigerator!
The nutritional information is provided as an estimate only and may vary based on the product type, servings and other factors. If you are following a diet, please consult with a professional nutritionist or your doctor. Stay healthy!