Quick & Classic Turkey Meatballs
Quick & Classic Turkey Meatballs. One of those classic dinner staples that many of us grew up on. One of those classic dishes that we still want to be growing up on!
Time for meatballs
Wait! We do have time! Meatballs are actually ridiculously easy and speedy to make. For real, guys. I don’t waste my energy on time-sucking recipes in the kitchen (as a busy working mom, I don’t have time for those kinds of meals).
Meatballs come together as quickly as you can throw the ingredients into a bowl and preheat your oven. And then, while those bad boys cook to perfection, you can make a salad for dinner, or boil some whole grain pasta to enjoy the meatballs with, or pour yourself a nice glass of wine and put your feet up if you wish!
You had a busy day, after all!
A big batch of meatballs
When I make meatballs, I like to make a nice big batch. Why, you ask? Because why not go through the (minimal) effort of cooking these meatballs once and then be able to enjoy them for several meals to come?
While these meatballs come together in just about 35ish minutes, they are also great to make for the times when you don’t have 35 minutes to spare.
These suckers freeze like a dream if you need to stock up for an especially hectic week or they are wonderful to make during your meal prep so you can have some protein to throw into a dish at a moment’s notice.
Meatballs & tomato sauce
Meatballs are typically thought of as going with tomato sauce (they are amazing with my crockpot tomato sauce), but they are also incredibly versatile when just enjoyed as is! Throw them into a salad for a protein kick or over some jasmine rice for a quick meal.
My daughter loves to have one plain meatball for lunch with her fruits and veggies, so they are kid approved too. Just one more quick family-friendly recipe that you can feel good about feeding to your beloved crew without challenging your sanity or patience in the kitchen.
More turkey recipes to try
- Oven Baked Turkey Zucchini Meatballs
- Healthy Ranch Spinach Turkey Meatballs
- Slow Cooker Turkey Taco Chili
- Veggie-Loaded Turkey Lasagna
- Healthy Easy Turkey Burgers
Enjoying these turkey meatballs?
If you are enjoying this recipe, sign up to receive my newsletter full of healthy and delicious recipes straight to your inbox. And be sure to follow me on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram for all kinds of veggie-loaded living ideas!
Quick & Classic Turkey Meatballs
- 3 pounds ground turkey
- 1/2 cup fresh chopped parsley , or 2 tablespoons dry parsley
- 3-4 cloves of garlic, finely minced
- 1 medium onion, minced (use whatever kind of onion you have on hand, I’ve used several different kinds and they are all work well in this recipe)
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 2 large eggs
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F and line two large baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats.
- Combine all of the ingredients in a medium bowl. Time to get messy! Using your (freshly washed) hands, mix the ingredients until everything is well blended.
- Gently roll the meat into golfball size portions. Arrange the meatballs on baking sheets.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until meat is cooked through.
- Enjoy warm or store leftovers in fridge for up to 5 days or in freezer for a month.
This post contains affiliate links, though all opinions are my own. When you purchase anything using my links, it costs you absolutely nothing extra, but it does kicks The Natural Nurturer a little financial love to keep doing what we do. Thank you for your continued support, both with your dollars and your interest