Loaded with fresh summer ingredients, this Quick & Fresh Tomato Corn Salad lives up to its name. Done in under 20 minutes, this salad is full of flavor fresh corn, plump cherry tomatoes, basil, optional feta, cucumber, red onion and an easy vinaigrette made from pantry staples. Naturally gluten-free and vegetarian, this corn tomato basil salad is the perfect easy side dish for any cook out, picnic, potluck or burger night.
– Steam the corn by adding a cup of water to a large pot. Bring the water up to a boil then add the corn and cover the pot. Let the corn steam until just tender. Use tongs to move the corn to a cutting board to cool.
– Once corn is cool enough to handle, cut the kernels off the cobs and add to the large bowl with the tomatoes, cucumber, onion, feta, and basil.
– In a small bowl or jar, whisk together the vinegar, honey, olive oil, garlic powder, oregano, salt, and pepper.
– Add in garlic powder, oregano, salt, and pepper to the small bowl or jar.
– Whisk together the spices and liquids.
– Place all prepped veggies and cheese (if using) into a bowl or serving dish.
– Pour the dressing over the corn and veggies and then toss to combine. Taste and add more salt and pepper as needed. Garnish with additional fresh basil leaves.