Quick & Fresh Tomato Corn Salad
Loaded with fresh summer ingredients, this Quick & Fresh Tomato Corn Salad lives up to its name. Done in under 20 minutes, this salad is full of flavor fresh corn, plump cherry tomatoes, basil, optional feta, cucumber, red onion and an easy vinaigrette made from pantry staples. Naturally gluten free and vegetarian, this corn tomato basil salad is the perfect easy side dish for any cook out, picnic, potluck or burger night.
As much as I love a good leafy green salad, variety is the spice of a veggie-loaded life. Seriously, if your goal is to eat (and love) more veggies, the key to not getting bored is to get creative with them.
That’s why I’m here! My mission has always been to provide lots of different and exciting ways to use all the veggies. (Check out my Elote Dip and Corn and zucchini fritters recipes for more super tasty ways to enjoy corn).
Another TNN goal? Quick, accessible recipes for people in all walks of life. One thing many of us do not have (including myself!) is endless time to cook. This simple corn salad recipe takes less than a half an hour start to finish, comes together easily with some basic chopping (or using a veggie chopper!), and uses pretty common pantry and grocery store ingredients.
Do you want to make this salad but don’t have any fresh corn on hand? No need to turn your nose up at frozen or canned corn. While fresh corn kernels lend a satisfying, slightly crunchy texture, this salad is forgiving enough to sub in whatever corn you have in the house. This also makes this summer corn salad recipe work in ANY season! Looking for another corn-based salad? Try my corn and black bean salad recipe! Looking to innovate your salad game even more? Check out my FULL list of veggie-loaded salad recipes.
How to make this salad: step-by-step visual guide
- Switch up the cheese. This corn salad would be great with diced fresh mozzarella in place of the feta.
- Omit the cheese for a vegan, plant based, and dairy-free salad! This recipe will still be delicious and flavorful without it.
- Up the veggies by tossing in some arugula and/or diced red bell pepper.
Other corn-loaded recipes to try
- 15-Minute Creamy Elote Dip
- Savory Double Corn Muffins
- Mexican-Style Corn Quinoa Stuffed Peppers
- Zucchini & Corn Fritters
- Instant Pot Corn on the Cob
- One-Bowl Corn & Black Bean Side Salad
Loving this Quick & Fresh Corn Salad recipe and now you’re hungry for more?
Quick & Fresh Tomato Corn Salad
- 6 ears corn, shucked (4 to 5 cups cooked corn kernels)
- 12 ounces cherry tomatoes, halved or quartered (2 to 3 cups)
- 2 cups diced English cucumber
- ½ cup diced red onion
- ¾ cup crumbled feta, or to taste (optional)
- ½ cup fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced, plus a few whole leaves for garnish
- 2 Tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- ⅓ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder, 1 clove of garlic, grated
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, or to taste
- Fresh ground black pepper
- Steam the corn by adding a cup of water to a large pot that will fit the ears of corn. Bring the water up to a boil then add the corn and cover the pot. Let the corn steam for 3 minutes or until just tender. Use tongs to move the corn to a cutting board to cool for a few minutes.
- Once corn is cool enough to handle, cut the kernels off the cobs and add to the large bowl with the tomatoes, cucumber, onion, feta, and basil
- In a small bowl or jar, whisk together the vinegar, honey, olive oil, garlic powder, oregano, salt, and pepper.
- Pour the dressing over the corn then toss to combine. Taste and add more salt and pepper as needed. Garnish with additional fresh basil leaves.
- This salad is best served the day it is made, but leftovers can be stored in the refrigerator for 2 days.