15-Minute Cucumber Tomato Pasta Salad
This Cucumber Tomato Pasta Salad is light, refreshing, and packed with flavor! Made with crisp cucumbers, cherry tomatoes, fresh basil, al dente pasta, and all tied together with a quick, brightly-flavored dressing. Done in just 15 minutes, this pasta salad is perfect as a light lunch or veggie-loaded side to any meal.
Pasta salad is a warm weather must, and is a great vessel for all those fresh garden veggies!
This Cucumber Tomato Pasta Salad recipe is full of fresh flavor from plump tomatoes, crisp cucumbers, fresh basil, and is super simple to make in just 15 minutes (start to finish). Boil the pasta, toss everything together, and that is about it! The quick to make dressing brings an easy flavor boost to this simple vegetarian pasta salad thanks to lemon, paprika, garlic powder, and oregano. And since this cold veggie pasta salad works with whatever pasta you like best, it is easy to make gluten free! Perfect as a veggie-loaded side dish or add some cooked chicken, grilled steak, shrimp, or crispy tofu and enjoy as a full meal.
This Cucumber Tomato Pasta Salad is as easy as boiling pasta and chopping a few veggies, so even the newest of kitchen goers can feel confident making it. Also, this homemade pasta salad keeps well for a day or two in your fridge, so go ahead and make it now so you can enjoy it later!
How to make this pasta salad: step-by-step guide
- Swap out the veggies or add more. Sliced bell peppers, chopped spinach, and grated carrots would all be delicious additions to this pasta salad.
- Use pesto instead of dressing. Just omit the Parmesan cheese in this recipe.
- Use a different cheese. Crumbled feta or fresh mozzarella pieces would go well in this recipe.
- Make it dairy-free by omitting the cheese.
- Make with gluten free pasta.
- Add your favorite protein. Like grilled shrimp, steak or cooked chicken. Chickpeas or cooked tofu would be great plant based ways to boost protein in this salad, as well.
How to store this pasta salad
Since this is a cold side dish, be sure to store this Cucumber Tomato Pasta Salad in an air tight container in the fridge until you are ready to enjoy it.
This veggie pasta salad can be made ahead of time and keeps in your fridge for up to 2 days.
Note: sliced tomatoes and cucumber do tend to release their water, so the pasta salad might have some extra liquid on the bottom of the bowl if it sits.
Other easy veggie side dishes
- Fennel, Apple & Celery Salad
- Garlic Parmesan Sautéed Shaved Brussels Sprouts
- Creamy Cucumber Radish Salad
- Lemony Kale + Shaved Brussels Sprouts Salad
- Easy Zucchini Salsa
- 15-Minute Cold Pesto Pasta Salad with Veggies
- Zucchini Corn Fritters
Did you try this veggie pasta salad recipe and now you’re hungry for more?
15-Minute Cucumber Tomato Pasta Salad
For pasta salad
- 8 ounces small-shaped pasta
- 1 pint grape or cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 3 small cucumbers, sliced
- ⅓ cup fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup avocado oil, or light extra virgin olive oil. I find regular olive oil to be too heavy of a flavor for this recipe.
- 1 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- ½ Tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon smoked paprika
- Cook pasta in salted boiling water until al dente, following package instructions. Drain and set aside to cool.
- Add tomatoes, cucumbers and sliced basil to a large bowl. Once pasta is cooled, add to the bowl and toss to combine.
- Combine ingredients for dressing in a small bowl. Whisk together.
- Drizzle the dressing over the pasta and veggies. Add the Parmesan cheese and toss well to coat everything with dressing and cheese.
- Taste the pasta and add additional salt and pepper as needed. Sprinkle with extra basil for a garnish. Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.