This easy one-pan dinner recipe is perfect for when you’re short on time, but looking for a dinner idea that’s satisfying. In 35 minutes, it combines ground turkey and cubed sweet potato with black beans, spinach, and salsa, creating a simple but hearty meal. Top with cilantro, sour cream, and avocado, and enjoy!
– In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. – Once oil is hot, add onions, salt, chili powder, garlic powder, cumin, oregano and tomato paste. Cook until the onions start to turn translucent.
– Add the ground turkey. Use a wooden spoon to break up the turkey as it cooks. Cook until the turkey is mostly browned.
– Add sweet potatoes, black beans and salsa to the skillet. Stir to combine. – Cover the skillet and cook until the sweet potatoes are tender.
– Add in spinach and mix until wilted. Taste and adjust seasoning if needed. Then sprinkle the cheese over the top (if using), and cover skillet until cheese is melted.
– Serve hot topped with more cheese, diced avocado, fresh cilantro, a little lime juice, sour cream, or as is.