You’ll love these easy, one-bowl banana zucchini muffins! They’re lightly spiced with cinnamon, made with whole wheat flour, oats, grated zucchini, mashed banana and optional walnuts and chocolate chips. Baked up in 22 minutes, they’re a great healthy breakfast muffin, or a wholesome mid-day snack.
– Preheat oven and line a muffin tin with liners or grease with a little extra oil. – Take the grated zucchini and place it in the middle of a clean dish towel. Wrap the zucchini in the towel and squeeze out as much of the moisture as you can. Set aside.
– Place very ripe bananas in a medium bowl and mash until smooth. – Add oil, eggs, vanilla extract, honey/maple syrup, and milk to the bowl with the banana. Mix.
– Add flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon to the bowl with the wet ingredients. Mix until just combined.
– Add zucchini, walnuts, and chocolate chips and fold them in. – Portion batter into prepared muffin tin. Top with more walnuts and chocolate chips, if desired.
– Bake until muffins are golden on top. Allow them to cool in pan before enjoying.