WITH AVOCADO SAUCE
– Preheat oven to 425℉. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper or lightly grease with oil. – Peel off the first couple of outer leaves from the cabbage. Trim the end (root) then stand the cabbage up on the flat end and cut into 1/2 to 3/4 inch rounds. Place the cabbage “steaks” onto the baking sheet. Brush or rub both sides of the cabbage steaks with oil.
– In a small bowl, mix the salt and spices together then sprinkle both sides of the cabbage generously with the seasoning. – Roast cabbage until golden brown and crispy around the edges, about 20 minutes.
– Add avocado flesh, lime juice, garlic powder, salt, cilantro, olive oil, and 1/3 cup of water to a blender.
– Blend until smooth. If you want a thinner sauce, add additional water. Taste and add more lime juice and salt as needed.
– Serve warm with a squeeze of fresh lime, avocado sauce, and desired toppings.