These Sweet Kale Muffins are tender, moist and so delicious. Made with blended kale, applesauce, whole wheat flour, a little maple syrup or honey and studded with optional chocolate chips, these muffins are a great way to these muffins a great way to get some extra veggies into your diet! Done baking in 20 minutes and perfect as a healthy breakfast or hearty snack option.
– Preheat your oven. Grease a muffin tin with oil or line with liners. Set aside. – In your blender, combine kale, eggs, maple syrup/ honey, applesauce, oil, and vanilla.
– Blend until mixture is smooth and there are no leafy pieces of kale left.
– In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
– Pour in the contents of the blender and mix to combine. Do not over mix, as this can result in dense muffins.
– Fold in chocolate chips.
– Portion batter into prepared muffin tin. Top with additional chocolate chips, if desired.
– Bake until the tops of the muffins are just starting to turn golden brown on top and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
– Let cool completely and store leftovers in an air-tight container in fridge or in your freezer. Let cool in pan for 15 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.