This Pumpkin Zucchini Muffin recipe is flavorful, fluffy, easy to make and the perfect fall baked good! Made with whole wheat flour, grated zucchini, pumpkin puree, applesauce, and a some brown sugar, these moist muffins are a delicious snack or breakfast.
– Preheat the oven and grease or line a muffin tin. – Place grated zucchini and carrots on a paper towel. Wrap it up and press to remove moisture. Set aside.
– In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon. Set aside.
– In a medium bowl, whisk the pumpkin puree, egg, oil, vanilla, brown sugar, and applesauce together until combined. Pour the wet ingredients into the bowl with the dry ingredients. Stir until just combined.
– Fold in drained zucchini until just evenly distributed. The secret to fluffy muffins is...
– Portion the batter into prepared muffin tins, filling to the top. Spinkle more brown sugar on top, if desired. – Bake until a toothpick inserted in the middle of a muffin comes out clean.
– Allow them to cool completely before storing in fridge in an air-tight container or in your freezer. Allow to cool before serving!