ENJOY CHUNKY OR PUREED SMOOTH
– Place a large saucepan over medium heat and heat up the oil. Once the oil is hot, add the onions, garlic powder, salt, and Italian seasoning. Saute for about 4 minutes or until onions are translucent.
– Add zucchini, carrots, bell pepper, and spinach to the pot. Saute the veggies until they are softened, about 5 minutes.
– Add the tomatoes, tomato paste, bay leaves, and stock to the pot. Stir until combined and cover. Once sauce starts to boil, lower heat to a simmer and cook UNCOVERED for 15 minutes.
– If you can, use a regular blender to blend this sauce in batches, but transfer it carefully as it will be hot! Once done cooking, remove bay leaves. Use an immersion blender to puree the sauce to preferred consistency.
– Taste and add extra salt or garlic powder if desired. – Serve over your favorite pasta or spiralized veggie. Enjoy as is or add cooked ground meat or meatballs. – Allow leftover sauce to completely cool before transferring it to an air-tight container. Store in fridge for up to 6 days or freeze to have on hand for months to come.