Easy Peanut Sauce
This Easy Peanut Sauce recipe is delicious and makes veggies taste magical! 5 minutes of work from start to finish and made with pantry staples, this is a great sauce to keep in you fridge to add flavor to meals all week long.
Easy Peanut Sauce
I know. I know. I know. This is technically not a veggie-loaded recipe. But, it IS a recipe that makes veggies taste oh-so good and, thus, you more likely to eat more of them! So yeah, this recipe for easy peanut sauce totally needs to be on the blog and in your veggie-loaded life!
Truth be told, I have been making this recipe for years. It is a family favorite to drizzle over all the veggies and grain bowls. We make it all the time and is seriously just a great sauce to add into the rotation for helping add some pizzazz and flavor to a quick meal.
Plus, it takes 5 minutes to make. In one bowl. And it uses ingredients you probably already have in the house! So much winning and such a great way to take veggies from blah to woohoooo!
Why this Easy Peanut Sauce is awesome…
- Made with just 6 ingredient. And you probably have most (if not all) in your house right now.
- Quick to make. If you have 5 minutes, you have time to make this and pop it in your fridge for when you need it most.
- Adaptable! This sauce can be tweaked to fit just about any eating style or need. Check out the “Suggested Adaptations” portion of the post for ideas on how to make this peanut sauce work for you.
- Versatile. This is not a sauce meant for one kind of dish. This is a sauce that can breathe life and flavor into so many meals. Sauce is a great way to jazz up a leftover, make a veggie-try exciting, or add serious flavor to a quick salad.
- Great to make for meal prep. It keeps great in your fridge for days, so make it when you have time and enjoy it whenever you like!
- Make it Paleo by using tahini or almond butter instead of the peanut butter.
- Make it nut-free by using sunflower seed butter instead of peanut butter.
- Use 1/8 of a teaspoon of garlic powder instead of a fresh garlic clove.
- Replace the lime juice with apple cider vinegar or lemon juice. The lime juice is magical in this, but these other two acids will also help make for a delicious sauce if you don’t have a lime on hand.
Ways to enjoy this Easy Peanut Sauce
- As a dipping sauce for sliced veggies
- Over roasted veggies
- As a dipping sauce for spring rolls
- Over quinoa or rice
- Over a salad instead of dressing
- In noodle dishes
- Over cooked chicken, shrimp, or cooked chickpeas
Other easy sauce and dip recipes to jazz up meals and veggies!
- Healthy Ranch Dressing
- 5-Minute Zucchini Avocado Dip
- Kid-Friendly Vegetable Sauce
- Pumpkin Pasta Sauce
- Creamy Cauliflower Alfredo Sauce
- Butternut Squash Vegan Cheese Sauce
- Easy Avocado Spinach Pesto
- The BEST Beet Hummus
Loving this peanut sauce recipe and are hungry for more?
Easy Peanut Sauce
- 1/2 cup smooth natural peanut butter , (look for a brand that is JUST peanuts)
- 3 tablespoons coconut aminos, or soy sauce
- juice from 1/2 lime
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup, or to taste
- 1-3 tablespoons water, or to reach desired thickness
- Combine all ingredients except water in a small bowl, whisk together.
- Add water a tablespoon at a time, whisking in between, until desired consistency is reached.
- Taste. Adjust flavors as desired, whisking again.
- Enjoy over salad, as a dipping sauce, or with sliced veggies. Or store in an air-tight container in fridge for up to 5 days.