– Heat the oil in the large skillet over medium-high heat. – Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until golden brown and soft. – Stir in the carrot and zucchini and cook to release most of the moisture. Once the vegetables are soft and cooked down, stir in the garlic, salt, pepper, & cook.
– Add the ground turkey to the pan and cook, breaking it up with a spoon as it browns. Cook until browned and cooked through.
– While the meat is cooking, make the sauce: Stir the tomato paste, sugar, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, and water together in a small bowl.
– Once the meat is cooked and well crumbled, stir in the spinach and pour in the sauce. Stir and cook until the sauce coats the meat and the flavors combine. Taste and add more salt and pepper as needed.
– Scoop the warm sloppy joe mixture onto each of the toasted buns and enjoy.