– Preheat oven. Grease a large baking dish with oil. – Toss the broccoli with oil and season with salt and pepper. Spread the broccoli in the prepared baking dish and cook until the broccoli tops begin to brown.
– Meanwhile, in a blender, blend together the eggs, cottage cheese, garlic powder, and salt and pepper to taste.
– Once broccoli is done, remove the baking dish from the oven. – Stir the cheese and chives/green onions into the egg mixture. Whisk the egg mixture again and pour it over the broccoli. Sprinkle extra cheese on top, if desired.
– Bake until cooked through and the center of the casserole is firm.
– Allow to cool, sprinkle with remaining chives/green onions, then slice into squares. Serve warm or at room temperature.