These Bacon Broccoli Egg Cups are delicious and the perfect make-ahead breakfast! Made with just 5 ingredients and a protein and veggie-loaded way to start a day, these egg cups are great fresh or reheated. Paleo, gluten free, Whole30Jump to Recipe
Bacon Broccoli Egg Cups
Fact: I am a morning person.
I like to get up and get my workout in before the rest of the world has even groggily opened an eyeball. I like to drink my coffee watching the sun come up and before my daughter has woken up. I even get up extra early on some mornings to get work done before my husband hits the shower.
And while morning is my golden time…even I enjoy a quick make-ahead breakfast to simplify the start to a busy day!
And these 5-Ingredient Bacon Broccoli Egg Cups are what my family and I are currently loving on.
Why these Bacon Broccoli Egg Cups are so great!
- 5 ingredients! In case you missed it in the title, there are a few things needed to make these egg cups yours!
- Veggie-loaded. Veggies don’t always get worked into breakfast, but these bacon broccoli egg cups make a green veggie oh-so welcome first thing in the morning.
- Full of protein to fuel you and your crew on until lunch
- Easy to make
- Great as part of meal prep. They are delicious fresh from the oven but also easily store in the fridge and reheat like a dream if you opt to make then ahead of time.
- Portioned out. I love baking things in a muffin tin because everything is perfectly portioned for me. No cutting a slice, just grab and go. Plus, easier to store!
- Not a broccoli fan? Make these with spinach, kale or pretty much any veggie you do love!
- Make them vegetarian. Skip the meat and make these beauties vegetarian! Add a little salt and garlic powder to keep the flavors on point!
- Bake them in a pie pan for a frittata. Bake at the same temp for about 30 minutes or until the eggs are set in the middle.
Love these easy veggie-loaded egg cups? Here are some other great breakfast recipes you might adore!
- Crustless Potato Asparagus Quiche
- Breakfast Pumpkin Soufflé
- Zucchini Blueberry Baked Oatmeal
- Chocolate Zucchini Paleo Muffins
- Blender Banana Spinach Pancakes
Bacon Broccoli Egg Cups
- 12 ounces bacon, chopped Look for bacon without added sugar, artificial nitrates, or nitrites.
- 1/2 cup diced yellow onion
- 3 cups chopped broccoli florets
- 12 eggs
- black pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 375℉ and line a 12-hole muffin tin with silicone liners (silicone liners work best to prevent sticking, but you can use regular muffin liners or grease your muffin tin well with oil)
- Place a large skillet over medium-high heat. Once hot, add chopped bacon and sauté for 5-7 minutes.
- Carefully drain off the bacon grease if desired.
- Add onions to the pan with the bacon and sauté for about 3-4 minutes or until onions are translucent.
- Finally, add the chopped broccoli to the pan. Cook for 3-4 more minutes and remove pan from heat. Allow mixture to cool for a few minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk the eggs in a large bowl.
- Add bacon/broccoli mixture and whisk to combine. Season with black pepper to taste.
- Evenly portion the egg mixture between the 12 lined muffin tin holes.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until egg cups are puffed up, cooked through and slightly golden brown on top.
- Once done baking, enjoy warm or allow to cool completely before storing in an air-tight container in fridge for up to 5 days.
The nutritional information is provided as an estimate only and may vary based on the product type, servings and other factors. If you are following a diet, please consult with a professional nutritionist or your doctor. Stay healthy!